Jinky Jimmy Johnstone. Death of a legend

Yesterday's sad news of his passing brought back memories of his company whilst enjoying as pint in The Travellers at Wadsley Bridge. Although I'm an Owl's fan and Jimmy was a the time playing for the enemy I always enjoyed his company and would often have to catch him as he slid down the bar after downing a few too many.

• 1 year later...

Im confused? Just pulled this old thread. I thought Jimmy played for Celtic all his life. His biography doesnt mention Sheffield UNited (well the one I found on the internet). Was it a brief stop in 1975ish?

Im confused? Just pulled this old thread. I thought Jimmy played for Celtic all his life. His biography doesnt mention Sheffield UNited (well the one I found on the internet). Was it a brief stop in 1975ish?

jimmy johnstone ex celtic and scotland is not dead..i was having a drink with him 4 weeks ago in inchies bar benalmedena spain

Jimmy died on 13 March 2006. Who was the sad individual you were talking to ?

Confirmed! I've got my Sky 2006-7 Annual at my right hand and he died aged 61, the same day as Roy Clarke, 80, Manchester City and Wales. I can also remember Johnstone's funeral making the main 6 O'Clock news.

Archived