Pubs on West Street with 'NO TRAINERS' policies

One of the lads that works behind the bar in the Frog and Parrot is up his own arse, he is in his 30's I think. Anyway back on subject, I cam understand certain bars wanting to not let certain people in but for Christ's sake, west street live baning people with trainers on!!!. Come on management there (if ur reading this) your establishment is about live music, and correct me if i am wrong but most people (not all) that are into this kind of stuff are smart casual dress (if i can box them like that!). You are going to get loads of young uns as well as older people, of which a vast majority probably will wear trainers for a night out!!!.

its just the same as any dress code/door policy it gives the bouncers/doormen, an excuse to not let certain people, who they deem undesirable, in. Its easier than saying i dont like the look of you.

I agree. But TBH do you want to spend the night in a pub that's full of the kind of people the average bouncer thinks is "desirable" (ie. people like themselves) ?

Yes its all getting out hand. A lot of these pubs also wont let you in wearing 'hoodies', but in this kind of weather, a thick hoodie is not only really warm and snug, but am awful lot of people wear them out, students especially. I mean an unbranded 'innocent' hooded fleece, not a 'chav' hoodie branded idiot version.

...and this is why I hate towny places. I dress reasonably smartly, I'm never messy or anything, generally dark jeans, black t-shirt/long-sleeved t-shirt and always black trainers. Yet these places deem themselves too posh and upper class to let the likes of me in. Couldn't care less really, it's them that's not getting the money I'd spend.

Agree with the hoody thing too. They're lovely and warm in this weather...and I'm not a chav, hoody does not equal chav.

Eejits.

I've never had any problems getting into any bars or pubs near the West St area. I didn't think that we were *that* upmarket and snotty. In Manc, as a student years ago, they used to be pretty strict with certain clubs or bars *just* to make it more exclusive, but I didn't think we had that in Sheffield.

Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if they are starting to be a tad more picky about people. I went to Leeds last month, and one of our mates were refused cos he wore some kind of hill walking shoes, but looked okay, (it was that first night that it snows, and it was icy...) and another other mate wore something like Addidas trainers. the guy with the addidas trainers were let in but the friend with the walking shoes didn't. We were outraged ! I heard one of the bouncer said, 'don't like the look of him anyway'. Bloody cheek ! :mad:

I only ever wear trainers when i go out in town and the only place thats thats been a bit arsey about it is Crystal. Even then its hit and miss, sometimes they'll let you in.

I've never had problems getting into any pubs on West St with trainers on.

Archived