Under-5s damaged by sleepovers with separated fathers?

I did once (to my shame)..it had nothing to do with what my child did..it was pure frustration on my part. Seriously, I've regretted that singular lack of self control ever since because of the confusion in the eyes of the child who always looked to me for safety...it's not a good feeling.

I've been close once or twice. It's difficult, especially when you've been brought up under those circumstances (I assume you were?).

I even hate raising my voice to my son. When you can see the fear in his eyes.

I've been close once or twice. It's difficult, especially when you've been brought up under those circumstances (I assume you were?).

Where physical discipline was the order of the day? No, although it was used. I capitalised on it and vowed I wouldn't use it, in my case it was a single instant of regret, even to this day I still battle with that, although my children have grown into really well rounded young adults and I very much doubt that had anything to do with my "instant" of mindlessness.

I even hate raising my voice to my son. When you can see the fear in his eyes.

I agree. I don't think the "fear" has anything to do with being physically punished though, kids have a natural ability to endure physicality over time..the key is the betrayal by a parent (it's the betrayal you see, not fear) who uses force is something children don't have the mental capacity or tools to suffer, hence they can later mirror image the mentality that mattythefish seems to favour.

Children growing are all over the place and as guardians we should expect that, on the other hand we as parents should be reliant and consistent, not -I love you, and I'm about to show you how much by slapping you...it's a parental cop-out.

Children growing are all over the place and as guardians we should expect that, on the other hand we as parents should be reliant and consistent, not -I love you, and I'm about to show you how much by slapping you...it's a parental cop-out.

Totally agree. If you seriously believe the best way to discipline a small child is to hit them, you are failing as a parent.

Archived