Aircraft contrails spoiling the weather again.

No but I've got eyes and a brain, I see planes flying and not leaving contrails on the same days that others are. All it takes is to fly at an altitude where they will not form.

Contrails haven't always caused clouds, whatever they are doing different, just stop doing that.

They have. You read about it on the Nasa website. We just fly a lot more these days.

Presumably you've researched why they fly at a specific altitude?

No but I've got eyes and a brain, I see planes flying and not leaving contrails on the same days that others are. All it takes is to fly at an altitude where they will not form.

Contrails haven't always caused clouds, whatever they are doing different, just stop doing that.

Yeah, ok then, that makes us all experts in this field, including my 2 month old niece.

I'll be back on later hopefully later to address what's been said, thanks for your contributions.

But anyone, if you can look out now at the sky you'll see what I'm talking about. A large portion of the sky is covered in contrails, almost all the cloud visible at the moment, that hazy mist is all from planes.

I'll be back on later hopefully later to address what's been said, thanks for your contributions.

But anyone, if you can look out now at the sky you'll see what I'm talking about. A large portion of the sky is covered in contrails, almost all the cloud visible at the moment, that hazy mist is all from planes.

It really isn't.

no it isnt, most of it is from clouds :P

---------- Post added 19-06-2014 at 19:50 ----------

If the problem is flight, then it is our fault. And how would you go about stopping it?

apparently theyve worked out a slight adjustment to certain flights, longer not by much stops the problem, apparently, as they already know where the colder air should be

My house is directly under the flight path of aircraft coming into Kennedy Airport from Europe, literally hundreds of them all within a few afternoon hours. Sometimes, depending on the atmosphere, they form a massive block to the sun, other times barely at all. But jet aircraft are more economical and efficient at high altitude, because of lower air density and temperature. It's not going to go over big trying to stop the airlines doing what they do. If you'd all like to fly the Atlantic low and slow at 5000 feet in a noisy rattling prop job, and take 13 hours to do it, I'm sure it could be arranged.

Edited by buck