Energy Company Help

I'm having problems with my energy company (who I won't name for now)

Specifically it's a billing issue.

My last two bills have been amazingly confusing, enormous in their amount and seemingly totally illogical.

I have attempted to contact them numerous times (via e-mail) but had no response to any, I've been trying since March.

I've avoided phoning them up as I've heard the wait times can be ridiculous.

I've complained to the Ombudsman, I need to sort out evidence for them.

I'd like to know if I have any right to refuse the two incorrect bills I've been issued???

I've provided the company with regular meter readings, and I've calculated what I believe I owe using those readings.

I'm wondering how best to go about things, shall I put everything in a letter and make a formal offer for the amount I believe I owe?

I don't want to to continue much further, my last bill actually built on the mistake of the previous bill while making the same mistakes.

In effect they've added the error from one bill onto the next, leaving me with a massive debt I don't owe.

Can anyone give advice??

I can't understand how it could be more expeditious to write to the Ombudsman than it is to make a phone call.

I had issues with my energy bill, Scottish Electric, i rang them waited a minute or two ,spoke to a human and got the matter resolved,even if they hadn't resolved the issue a conversation is usually categorised and filed against your account. Emails can easily be ignored or denied or entered in the spam filters or goodnees knows where.

I'm having problems with my energy company (who I won't name for now)

Specifically it's a billing issue.

My last two bills have been amazingly confusing, enormous in their amount and seemingly totally illogical.

I have attempted to contact them numerous times (via e-mail) but had no response to any, I've been trying since March.

I've avoided phoning them up as I've heard the wait times can be ridiculous.

I've complained to the Ombudsman, I need to sort out evidence for them.

I'd like to know if I have any right to refuse the two incorrect bills I've been issued???

I've provided the company with regular meter readings, and I've calculated what I believe I owe using those readings.

I'm wondering how best to go about things, shall I put everything in a letter and make a formal offer for the amount I believe I owe?

I don't want to to continue much further, my last bill actually built on the mistake of the previous bill while making the same mistakes.

In effect they've added the error from one bill onto the next, leaving me with a massive debt I don't owe.

Can anyone give advice??

I thought you said you didn't need any help from anyone?

I can't understand how it could be more expeditious to write to the Ombudsman than it is to make a phone call.

I had issues with my energy bill, Scottish Electric, i rang them waited a minute or two ,spoke to a human and got the matter resolved,even if they hadn't resolved the issue a conversation is usually categorised and filed against your account. Emails can easily be ignored or denied or entered in the spam filters or goodnees knows where.

I am going to give them a phone later on I think, although I used the contact form on their website so I hope they don't try and deny receiving messages :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm more interested in if I have any right to refuse the bills and force them to properly recalculate them??

I am going to give them a phone later on I think, although I used the contact form on their website so I hope they don't try and deny receiving messages :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm more interested in if I have any right to refuse the bills and force them to properly recalculate them??

Well if you do, it's best not to sound off. Try and say stuff that won't negative impact and try to get them to say yes to all your questions

You have the right to pay for the gas/electric you used at the contracted price. If they have calculated your bills incorrectly it is up to them to remedy the situation. If they don't then you will need to follow the complaints procedure and then report them of Ofgem if necessary.

jb

Archived