Maid Cafe in sheffield?

Otakuneko

Hello!:)

I'd like to get your opinions on something.

I would really like to open my own Maid Cafe in Sheffield. :idea:

Many of you probably have no idea what that is.. right?

Well a maid cafe is Japanese, It is just like a normal cafe, But the people who work there dress up (As maids) and its all very cute and welcoming.

I would mix Japanese traditions with English ones, meaning that there will still be the usual Bacon and eggs in a morning but also something Japanese, if you feel like trying something new?

This would be really fun for lots of different people.

So let me know what you think!

Thank you c:

OkatuNeko

Hello!:)

I'd like to get your opinions on something.

I would really like to open my own Maid Cafe in Sheffield. :idea:

Many of you probably have no idea what that is.. right?

Well a maid cafe is Japanese, It is just like a normal cafe, But the people who work there dress up (As maids) and its all very cute and welcoming.

I would mix Japanese traditions with English ones, meaning that there will still be the usual Bacon and eggs in a morning but also something Japanese, if you feel like trying something new?

This would be really fun for lots of different people.

So let me know what you think!

Thank you c:

OkatuNeko

Good luck with your venture, it may appeal to the oversea student population if the location is right, but to expect the average worker to adapt to such a idea, will be hard work, there no replacement for a bacon or sausage roll for the traditional British person.

I think this is a great idea and Sheffield needs more creative thinking like this. However, I cant actually make my mind up if this would be a success or not. Might be a bit 'out there' for your avergae Sheffielder, but like another poster has said, location would be key. Would have to be Ecclesall Rd or West Street area I think.

I went to one in Japan and it was a good laugh, although really really awkward. Good money in it if you do it right and milk sad lonely men for all their cash. They charged for absolutely everything, having a photo with them, playing games with them, a 'lotto' raffle type draw, key chains, absolutely everything.

Good luck to you, though I'm skeptical how much it'll take off. I think a cat cafe would be a better choice if you're looking at bringing a taste of Japan over.

I think this is a great idea and Sheffield needs more creative thinking like this. However, I cant actually make my mind up if this would be a success or not. Might be a bit 'out there' for your avergae Sheffielder, but like another poster has said, location would be key. Would have to be Ecclesall Rd or West Street area I think.

I agree, depends on if you're selling it as an actual food cafe or something a bit sexier. Think if it was an actual food cafe based somewhere around West St/Division St would be really good!

Good luck with your venture, it may appeal to the oversea student population if the location is right, but to expect the average worker to adapt to such a idea, will be hard work, there no replacement for a bacon or sausage roll for the traditional British person.

What a load of bunkum. I was born and raised in Sheffiield and am now a pensioner. I love Chinese food and would certainly try Japanese. My favourite food is Chicken Kiev. Also in Sheffield there is no such thing as a bacon roll it's a butty and a sausage roll is sausage meat with flaky pastry on outside. Clearly you are not au fait with Sheffield

I think this is a good idea. The hardest part will be finding staff that can make the experience good.

Maybe you should consider having some male staff (butlers? :hihi:) as well as the maids. That way you might appeal to more people and avoid a creepy atmosphere! Plus if it's all maids you're bound to get people saying it's sexist/pervy etc.

What a load of bunkum. I was born and raised in Sheffiield and am now a pensioner. I love Chinese food and would certainly try Japanese. My favourite food is Chicken Kiev. Also in Sheffield there is no such thing as a bacon roll it's a butty and a sausage roll is sausage meat with flaky pastry on outside. Clearly you are not au fait with Sheffield

How do you know i am not Japanese?:|

You may try it, but the venture is to create a long term business.

l

I dont think the general Sheffield public can offer that long term custom for such a radical idea, you do fair enough, thats what forums are for.

As for not au fait with Sheffield !! born and bred some 51 year ago :) although much traveled.

Roll, bap, barm cake, bread cake,butty or sandwich !!!! are you really that petty to pick up on the phrase "roll "?

Archived