What can catch people out going on red light?

Red light jumping is getting worse though. This morning on my 3 mile drive to work I witnessed 2 buses and an articulated lorry jump various sets of lights, and these are supposed to be professional drivers.

Is it actually causing a problem, for example by causing near misses with pedestrians using a crossing or with other traffic at the junction? Or is the visibility at the junction really good and the drivers who jump the lights can clearly see there's nothing else coming and no kids to mow down?

If it's the latter it's obviously still wrong, but there's got to be other things to worry about. We've all experienced the frustration of sitting at a red light when there's blatantly no reason to do so, and if the lights were't there at all we'd be perfectly capable of navigating the junction safely.

Theres a biker near me who always does this. He speeds too. At a guess id say hes easilly touched 80 on my road. Theres no speed camera on it and no red light camera but there is a brand new bus lane camera :rolleyes:

Ive reported him no end of times for his riding but the police wont do Jack! I asked if someone needs to be killed before they stop stuffing their faces with donuts and fitting up black people and do something about this man. I didnt get much or a response to that for some reason.

I nearly hit a guy doing this in Leeds the other day.

He actually looked surprised as I slammed on my breaks and held the horn.

It wasn't even like he'd just tried to nip through either, I damn near drove through the drivers door.

Red light jumping is getting worse though. This morning on my 3 mile drive to work I witnessed 2 buses and an articulated jump various sets of lights, and these are supposed to be professional drivers.

I see it almost every day at the London Road / Abbeydale Road junction. I wish the police would monitor it or put cameras in.

Archived