National federation of occupational pensioners.

Is anyone a member of the NFOP (Luton)?

I received their leaflet, and for an annual subscription they provide various benefits (as yet to be clarified when I contact them). Apparently they have local branches (although I have not established yet just how local they are). I shall be telephoning them with a list of questions, but wanted to hear the opinions of others that are already established members. Anyone on here involved with them?

Here's a rough calculation of how many members may be in Sheffield

60 million people in the UK, 1 in 6 are of pensionable age, therefore 10 million pensioners

80,000 are members of NFOP: therefore there is 1 member for every 125 pensioners

550,000 people in Sheffield, 1 in 6 people are of pensionable age: therefore 91500 pensioners in Sheffield

Members in Sheffield 91500/125 = 732 ( plus or minus 15% say )

How many of the 732 read/contribute to Sheffield Forum?

60 million people in the UK, 1 in 6 are of pensionable age, therefore 10 million pensioners

80,000 are members of NFOP: therefore there is 1 member for every 125 pensioners

550,000 people in Sheffield, 1 in 6 people are of pensionable age: therefore 91500 pensioners in Sheffield

Yes, this is the key question.

How have you defined "Pensionable Age"?

Archived