Would you pay to park at your local pub?

If its that local, why not walk? No need to worry about drink driving that way :)

I can see parking charges putting customers off. Perhaps they could offer the charge to be discounted off the customer's bill, hypothetically?

Correctamundo.

If its that local, why not walk? No need to worry about drink driving that way :)

It would have to be within 50 metres of my house for me to be able to make it there without the assistance of my car, and I don't drink (ever) when I'm out in the car and I don't think that it's illegal to drive after having a cup of tea :)

If you have to drive to it then unless you have some disability then it's not local even though it may be the nearest. I would hope that any pub which charged for parking would have the sense to not charge anyone with a disability.

A simple question.

You drive out to your local pub with a car load of your mates for a swift pint and a lunchtime butty, only to find they are charging £1 per hour for you to park in their car park. Would you say fair enough and pay it, or would you say stuff them and go to the next pub up the road where you can park for free?

What if your supermarket charged you to park when you went shopping?

We have to pay for parking at our local shops. Going for a loaf of bread ends up costing £2.55P

I take it we are talking about the Red Lion at Gleadless Townend? I wouldn't venture into that ******** if they payed me a pound an hour!

The charge at the Red Lion is reimbursed at the bar.

It is designed to keep the tram park-and-riders out.

A simple question.

What if your supermarket charged you to park when you went shopping?

Asda did that in one branch, you had to get a ticket from a pay and display machine, when you finished shopping and paid you had to go to customer services and they would refund the amount you had paid.

Then they have a point. Park-and riders using others' car parks for free parking are a nuisance. The car park next to Halfway NI is a prime example - it's chaos at dropping off / picking up times.

They should do this at all the big supermarkets and shopping centres and get rid of those robbing private parking companies!

Archived