Religion pushing beliefs on to others..is it right?

just had the "pleasure" of answering my door to a Jehovah witness family dragging a little child around with them in beauchief, in the hot sun pushing their beliefs, i cant understand why people with different beliefs thinks it ok to pester people especially with young children this little lad was no more than 4 or 5 clearly not enjoying himself.

i ask myself there must be something missing from your belief if you have to continually try and push your views on others, surely like me you should be happy within yourself and leave others to their own.

all religions to some extent have this problem, Islam, Jehovahs, christians although i cant remember any bhuddists or jews pushing their ideals.

just had the "pleasure" of answering my door to a Jehovah witness family dragging a little child around with them in beauchief, in the hot sun pushing their beliefs, i cant understand why people with different beliefs thinks it ok to pester people especially with young children this little lad was no more than 4 or 5 clearly not enjoying himself.

i ask myself there must be something missing from your belief if you have to continually try and push your views on others, surely like me you should be happy within yourself and leave others to their own.

all religions to some extent have this problem, Islam, Jehovahs, christians although i cant remember any bhuddists or jews pushing their ideals.

When was the last time Muslims knocked on your door trying to convert you?

Never is the answer. :rolleyes:

Witnesses are evangelistic in their beliefs chiefly due to the command in Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature", and they interpret most of the Bible fairly literally.

Buddhists aren't evangelistic nor are Jews who don't hold to the New Testament.

Muslims in general, I think, like to commend their religion to others.

sorry? i didnt say they did:roll:

---------- Post added 21-06-2014 at 13:47 ----------

Witnesses are evangelistic in their beliefs chiefly due to the command in Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature", and they interpret most of the Bible fairly literally.

Buddhists aren't evangelistic nor are Jews who don't hold to the New Testament.

Muslims in general, I think, like to commend their religion to others.

that is pretty much as i see it i just wish they could keep their beliefs to themselves, the Muslim problem is getting out of hand now extreme violence and terrorism to instill Islam:roll:

As soon as I saw the title with the word 'Religion', I thought that Islamic Apologists would swoop. I was right. There you are, the first one.

The simple answer to the OP's question is NO!

Shortly after giving birth to our first child I had the JW's visit my door. Seeing my tiny baby asleep in his buggy behind me in the hall, one of them starting talking about a woman featured in their newsletter whose baby had died and how she was 'looking for answers' !

I don't normally swear but I told this person where she could place her religion before slamming her door in her face.

Archived