50,000 protest Austerity

Instead of decreasing benefits nobody mentions increasing wages? People in this country have to be able to afford the rising cost of living.

How come we have an economy with low wages but high cost of living, minimal interest rate but pay day loans which can charge 4,000%? More millionaires and billionaires than just about anywhere else in the world but a rising number of food banks and more children living in poverty than ever before?

Don't tell me the economy is getting better, surely anyone can see it's all out of kilter and something is going seriously wrong.

Instead of decreasing benefits nobody mentions increasing wages? People in this country have to be able to afford the rising cost of living.

How come we have an economy with low wages but high cost of living, minimal interest rate but pay day loans which can charge 4,000%? More millionaires and billionaires than just about anywhere else in the world but a rising number of food banks and more children living in poverty than ever before?

Don't tell me the economy is getting better, surely anyone can see it's all out of kilter and something is going seriously wrong.

But I suspect most people wouldn't be better off if wages were increased. Shops, house prices, fuel and such would just be increased as people think, "I'll have some of that," leaving people just as skint as they are now

Sounds like slavery you're suggesting?:huh:

Only if you think everyone working for a living is a slave, and if we are then we might as well all be slaves.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 10:49 ----------

and again, what if they don't want to work?

If they don't want to work that will be their choice, but they shouldn't expect the people that do work to give them money for doing nothing.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 10:50 ----------

There is one problem for a start. How can the minimum wage be less than what the average family gets given in benefits? Where's the incentive to get a job in that?

Yes its a problem and will only be resolved by making people earn the money they receive from the state.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 10:52 ----------

That's in inevitable consequence of over supply of cheap labour and overpopulation.

The original thread was about the BBC news not mentioning the austerity march in London on Saturday, and it became a thread about social security!!!!!

The BBC has become the Tory party media centre, and they do 'hide' stories that don't make the Tories look good.

In a so called democracy, I find this really scary

If they don't want to work that will be their choice, but they shouldn't expect the people that do work to give them money for doing nothing.

So you're not going to claim the state pension then, if you ever reach that age?

Look at the language you are using there. "Failing" a test that decides whether or not you are fit to work. In what kind of society does "failing" a test mean you are deemed fit to work? This man shot himself because he had been on benefits for years and was terrified of having to work for a living. He's a casualty of the benefits system, a system that was set up to help people but has ended up getting so out of control it is ruining and ending people's lives.

---------- Post added 22-06-2014 at 19:50 ----------

How are nuclear weapons pointless? And high speed trains? Don't you think we need decent public transport, along with the best in the world like the trains in Japan and France? Rather than cramming more and more people onto roads that were overcrowded even 20 years ago. When the alternative is spending it on the benefits system, and ensuring that 20 years time there will be just more and more people demanding more and more from the government, there is no choice at all. People have to wake up and take control of their own destiny instead of sitting back and blaming the government for their own failure to do anything with their lives.

How do you know this? I'd read that he was a Gamekeeper but had to stop work due to a long term medical condition.

The original thread was about the BBC news not mentioning the austerity march in London on Saturday, and it became a thread about social security!!!!!

The BBC has become the Tory party media centre, and they do 'hide' stories that don't make the Tories look good.

In a so called democracy, I find this really scary

The BBC were also criticised for ignoring the previous austerity march....There seems to be a pattern emerging :suspect:

Edit: The march in favour of the cuts attended by 350 people including celebrities like Paul Stains (ha ha), Toby Young, and Nigel Farage recieved plenty of coverage on the bbc though http:// http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13398966 :roll:

I think we who work hard and do the right thing people should take to the streets and do an anti protest, thanking Cameron and Clegg Osborne and Cable for the great job they are doing.

Wont happen of course because we are too busy working and earning and paying tax to keep the idle in the luxury they become accustomed to.

Archived