Sharrow Festival Drone Strike

It is not even known who controlled the 'drone' or to what purpose.

Yet we are already into the political ping-pong which delights many but bores many many more of us. There are plenty on here to keep this going for weeks. Which show the leanings of the posters.

AND

Attached to it all - the name of Sharrow dragged through the crap.

I suppose all posters know that the connection has been made, the prejudices confirmed and conclusions jumped to.

The provoking title lit the blue touch paper and away they go. Well done Harry hope your proud of yoursen

You sound a bit paranoid as well to be honest, what's wrong with people ...... weird :huh:

---------- Post added 22-06-2014 at 11:24 ----------

Widespread usage and even support doesn't maybe something right. CCTV at known crime hotspots or where there are high value items is one thing but constant surveillance of festival goers who are just out for a good time is another thing entirely, the mere premise that it's even necessary is to assume that everyone is under suspicion of some crime or other. I find that unsettling does the state have to supervise us at all times, are we to assume that no one can be trusted to behave themselves?

The paranoia of the people has given us the nanny state we have got, it's not going away anytime soon, like I said earlier, people are happy enough to have cctv footage when they are the victims !

Nothing to hide ..... nothing to worry about IMHO !

Edited by Michael_W

I attended both Heeley and Sharrow festivals yesterday.I don't recall noticing such a device at Heeley or even any police on duty for that matter.

There was a noticeable police presence at Sharrow,including one officer who I took to be a large schoolboy dressed up as a policeman.I'm getting so old!!!!!!!!!!!

The cams these drone use wouldnt be any good for promotion videos. These things are soley for the purpose of monitoring unless you live in Pakistan or Afghanistan in which case these machines rain death and destruction all in the name of the global war on terror.

my bold..

not quite true.. there are plenty of cameras that can be fit on drones and get really good quality videos. Infact, a lot of these "Drone Cams" are getting used for filming movies.

So you are saying innocent decent people going about their every day lives deserve no privacy?

You have no right to privacy in public open spaces.

Plenty of these "drones" are owned by individuals, it's really no different to them walking around with a video camera, which they would also be perfectly entitled to do. You can buy them with full-HD cameras for less than a couple of hundred quid. Plus there's no laws preventing personal use of them, just a load of guidelines.

Jerry Conlon RIP

would you care to explain, I am aware of who he and other members of his family are or were.

---------- Post added 22-06-2014 at 21:43 ----------

So you are saying innocent decent people going about their every day lives deserve no privacy?

Yep if they are in a public place.

jerry conlon rip

please note that this has not been wrote by me (minetiger) but by someone who has used my pc this morning.

I'm not sure what it is supposed to mean and have only found out about it as i have received an email saying that i have a reply

I have no problem with video drones, just like I dont with CCTV. A public place is a public place and its really great news that we are monitored all the time to reduce crime. As a crime victiim myself I dont think they are doing nearly enough though - more cameras please !!