Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

If one of my family behaved in this way I would disown him or her. I do not condone theft by anyone of any age.

The train companies and train stations are the biggest thieves out there with the prices they charge it's daylight robbery :hihi:

if you can film on stations ,which are private property after all, you certainly cannot film individuals without their consent and I strongly doubt all concerned gave their consent.

If this had been a younger teenage person behaving in this way then the 'elder' on-lookers would have expected action to be taken, including restrained if needed.

To not restrain someone who was , by several eyewitness accounts, behaving in an aggressive manner and lashing out at the police,purely on the basis of their age would be nothing short of discrimination.

This protest group were commiting a crime and have been for several months wilfully denying the law and have now been taken to task.

In a civilised democracy you cannot pick 'n' mix which laws to abide by.

Consequences for their behaviour have now occured.

I suspect that this individual wanted 'trouble' in order to highlight their 'plight'.... be a martyr and become a 'hero' to the protesting posse.

This will only end up in stations like Sheffield having ticket barriers and is adding strength to the arguement for them.

I do not agree with the freedom riders reasons for these protests however I do respect their right to peacefully protest.Sadly & clearly certain individuals in this case chose not to protest peacefully and got more than they bargained for.

just wondering if Councillors , MP's travel free.

@ no user name , in a civil tone ----- c'mon its hardly the crime of the century though is it

So if someone had been stealing a tub of Ben and Jerry's every Monday lunchtime from the local Tesco for the last 8 weeks, and been doing it in plain sight, would you just stand by and let them get away with it? Or does it depend how old they are?

(I chose that item because its probable a similar price to the Sheffield-Barnsley return fare)

just wondering if Councillors , MP's travel free.

@user no name , in a civil tone ----- c'mon its hardly the crime of the century though is it

Of course they do it was only the other month a ticket collector collared hold of George Osborne you know our chancellor who tried getting out of paying for his ticket in first class! now that is disgusting a multi millionaire taking the mick like that.

The arrests have now gained maximum publicity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666887/Pensioners-grabbed-handcuffed-police-protest-cuts-free-travel-passes.html

even the daily mail condems the police action. publicity was little, now thanks to british transport police publicity is everywhere. Its also in the mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pensioner-dragged-floor-five-police-3753593

They were trying to protest peacefully, but the police didn't want to let them, also a blind person was sent flying over a wheelchair. according to the article

Edited by sheff1johnny

Has she touched a raw nerve :hihi:

Just wondering why it was brought up, it's totally irrelevent.

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 14:23 ----------

The arrests has now gained maximum publicity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2666887/Pensioners-grabbed-handcuffed-police-protest-cuts-free-travel-passes.html

even the daily mail condems the police action. publicity was little, now thanks to british transport police publicity is everywhere. Its also in the mirror.

They were trying to protest peacefully, but the police didn't want to let them, also a blind person was sent flying over a wheelchair.

So Tony Nuttall is an ex-NHS manager? He should know better then as to constantly evade fares, shame on him.

Edited by No User Name
typo