Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

How old do you have to be to get one of these passes? Is it 60 or 65?

And if it 65, what on earth is a 64 year old getting involved for?

they are available from 60.

They have not been available to 60 year olds for several years.

If you 60 years old today you will not get you bus pass until 06/03/2020.

After November you will be 66

So the man arrested is an ex NHS manager!! Hmmm ... Obviously too much time on his hands, should know better and will be on a damn site better pension than most ......

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 20:08 ----------

How old do you have to be to get one of these passes? Is it 60 or 65?

And if it 65, what on earth is a 64 year old getting involved for?

They have not been available to 60 year olds for several years.

If you 60 years old today you will not get you bus pass until 06/03/2020.

After November you will be 66

You don't see the selfish, troublemaking protesters raising this issue do you??

So the man arrested is an ex NHS manager!! Hmmm ... Obviously too much time on his hands, should know better and will be on a damn site better pension than most ......

No and if someone broke into their house and stole something they would complain and rightly too. But its ok to take from others.

Not once have I seen or heard any of these protestors support the pensioners who are no longer entitled to ENCTS free bus passes let alone free or half price train fares until they are 66/67

Not once have I seen or heard any of these protestors support the pensioners who are no longer entitled to ENCTS free bus passes let alone free or half price train fares until they are 66/67

Because they're selfish, they don't care about anybody else, as long as they can go about their daily moans about how awful the world is because of everybody else, free of charge or heavily discounted, they don't care one bit.

These people contribute nothing to society (I accept that they did in the past, just as I am doing now), in fact, the additional man power required is at cost to everybody else. Yet people are naive enough to stick up for their childish tantrums.

Makes the contents of my bladder boil.

I'm referring to the witnesses who've posted on here and other sites about the incident, not the media reports.

If you were at the station, and decided to film the brutality of the police, would you focus entirely on them restraining someone, or include the aftermath of them stampeding the crowd and tipping wheelchairs over?

I'm sorry, but I think the spin engine has kicked in here, and without independent evidence, I don't believe any of this "the police weren't going to let them protest peacefully", not when they've been doing it for weeks, and not when people who actually saw the incident have forgotten to mention any of these other incidents.

I'm personally hoping the Northern RPC's took everybody's details, and a nice little letter is winging their ways to each of the scroungers today.

You are describing ex NHS managers and ex teachers, who have likely paid a fortune in taxes and NI, scroungers?

btw, is this UKIP central, where are all the dissenting voices?, Sheffield is a very progressive city.

Because they're selfish, they don't care about anybody else, as long as they can go about their daily moans about how awful the world is because of everybody else, free of charge or heavily discounted, they don't care one bit.

These people contribute nothing to society (I accept that they did in the past, just as I am doing now), in fact, the additional man power required is at cost to everybody else. Yet people are naive enough to stick up for their childish tantrums.

Makes the contents of my bladder boil.

You're having a laugh....yes?

They worked and paid taxes when work was work.

Not sitting behind a desk in some cushy job in the IT sector or a all centre with the main object to pacify the caller that summat will be done soon...and then do bugger all!

Contribute nothing to society?

It's a shame masked swearing is banned else I'd tell you where to "off".

You're having a laugh....yes?

They worked and paid taxes when work was work.

Not sitting behind a desk in some cushy job in the IT sector or a all centre with the main object to pacify the caller that summat will be done soon...and then do bugger all!

Contribute nothing to society?

It's a shame masked swearing is banned else I'd tell you where to "off".

Your understanding of modern industry is clearly absolutely zero. Work is less likely to cause you to lose your hearing, break limbs and have breathing issues from exposure to poisonous gasses, but it's by no means an easy ride for many.

You still haven't told me why I'm wrong in my statement about pensioners contributing nothing to society, I am factually correct, I contribute now, just as they once did. It doesn't however give me the right to behave like a 10 year old who's just been told he/she can't have a toy they've seen in a shop window.

Well, I take your final sentence there in the spirit in which it is intended, just consider how mature you sound when you cannot back up your arguments without resorting to telling somebody to get off.

Just because someone is a 'pensioner' doesn't mean they contributed in the past - some will have worked all their lives, some for part of their lives and others for none or very little.

This Government refers to anyone under retirement age who is unfortunate enough to be unemployed, sick and unable to work as 'scroungers' when many of them are anything but.

Also, those lucky enough to have a good job these days are having to work harder and often under huge amounts of stress just to keep a roof over their heads. There may be many in 'cushy' little numbers but then there always has been, but there are many more who are not.