Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

I wonder how many of these pensioners were in the second world war. They certainly were not in a privileged position then. If it was not for some of these pensioner students probably would not be here today.

What does that have to do with free travel?

whens the "protest" outside the city hall, might use article 11 and go stand in the middle of them all shouting "pay your money you fare dodging oldies"

peacefully of course.......................................

Absolutely nothing, I think thats the whole point.

I thought Hauxwell was trying to make a case for them getting free travel 'cos they may have been called up...although as the war ended 69 years ago the majority of those protesting won't have been involved...

I thought Hauxwell was trying to make a case for them getting free travel 'cos they may have been called up...although as the war ended 69 years ago the majority of those protesting won't have been involved...

Ah I see. Anyone under the age of 84 wouldnt have been involved, which accounts for almost everyone actively using free travel.

As someone mentioned earlier on the post 3 quarters of the protestors are travelling legally, so what are you going to do about their legal right to protest. Should police be throwing a blind woman over a person's wheelchair?

Is it legal on private property though? Hmm?

Not legal in anyway on Railway premises.

I quoted the relevent By Law many posts ago.

Basically if an "Authorised Person" tells you to leave Railway Premises for any reason, and you don't comply, you have already commited an offence for which the maximum penalty is 3 months imprisonment.

Not legal in anyway on Railway premises.

I quoted the relevent By Law many posts ago.

Basically if an "Authorised Person" tells you to leave Railway Premises for any reason, and you don't comply, you have already commited an offence for which the maximum penalty is 3 months imprisonment.

What if the police kettle people so they can not leave, to protest outside the station? Then who is to blame for the protest taking place in the station.. hmm lol