Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

Standing up for your principles and disagreeing with others about moral issues is a positive pro-social thing. Standing up for yourself is also positive. The study also found that people holding left-wing political views were less willing to hurt others.

"This connection seems to arise from a willingness to sacrifice one's popularity a bit to act in a moral and just way toward other people, animals or the environment at large. One particular group held steady and refused destructive orders: "women who had previously participated in rebellious political activism such as strikes or occupying a factory." http://mic.com/articles/92479/psychologists-have-uncovered-a-troubling-feature-of-people-who-seem-nice-all-the-time?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social

Edited by robbert69

The massive difference is, that the return of the concessions, (which the freedom riders STILL aren't satisfied with!!!!) were won back by legal, respectful means, using the due process of the law, not lawbreaking and criminality.

Sheff1johnny., there is no direct bus to Wakefield.

To get to Wakefield by bus, you have to get to the city centre, (Sheffield interchange) and connect with the 265 stagecoach service to Barnsley interchange. Then, at Barnsley, connect with what I believe to be an Arriva bus service to Wakefield.

Thanks for the info, if you read the post, I said south yorkshire, and just for further reference there is also a connection from Doncaster. But thanks for futhering that proves my point, Sheffield is the only city which has no connection by public bus to any other city, in the country.

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 18:24 ----------

The massive difference is, that the return of the concessions, (which the freedom riders STILL aren't satisfied with!!!!) were won back by legal, respectful means, using the due process of the law, not lawbreaking and criminality.

Isn't it strange, that the group who won by legal means were challenging a decision because it was illegally made. So are SYPTE criminals?

Edited by sheff1johnny

Thanks for the info, if you read the post, I said south yorkshire, and just for further reference there is also a connection from Doncaster. But thanks for futhering that proves my point, Sheffield is the only city which has no connection by public bus to any other city, in the country.

Isn't it strange, that the group who won by legal means were challenging a decision because it was illegally made. So are SYPTE criminals?

sheff1johnny high five :hihi:

Re bib. The answer is no. If you need any further legal guidance because of your limited understanding of the law, you only have to ask.

From The Star:-

Two pensioners who were arrested during a protest against travel cuts appeared at Sheffield Magistrates Court yesterday.

Tony Nutall, aged 66, and George Arthur, aged 64, were charged with obstructing police during the Freedom Ride protest on June 23.

They pleaded not guilty to the charges and face trial by magistrates on December 8.

They will also appear for a case management hearing on October

“I feel really upset about the way things have been handled today, the way Tony and I have been dragged here.

“But our campaign is made up of literally dozens and dozens of elderly and disabled people who have stuck together, who have shown solidarity together.”

'Really upset'...don't break the law then!

dozens and dozens of people..hardly a huge campaign.very little sympathy and scant support on these pages.