Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

They havent quite grasped the concept of having the website then :hihi:

Anyway, any news on whether this fare dodging campaign has continued at the station today?

I went on the demonstration, which was very loud, but a respectful mob. The two defendants were not allowed to wear their t-shirts which had the words "freedom riders" written on them. They were bailed until December.

The case against btp was adjourned for five days while more evidence is gathered.

Once the case was over we went on march to Sheffield train staion, via fargate, going by the town hall, then we went by howden house, and then we walked down to the train station, and we waved the Barnsley people off, as they left the station. The police today were jovial, and helpful.

Edited by sheff1johnny
spelling mistake!

The two defendants were not allowed to wear their t-shirts which had the words "frredom riders" written on them.

Why not? Defendants can appear as they wish, providing it is not offensive.

Maybe because the magistrate was offended by the incorrect spelling :hihi::hihi:

I went on the demonstration, which was very loud, but a respectful mob. The two defendants were not allowed to wear their t-shirts which had the words "frredom riders" written on them. They were bailed until December.

The case against btp was adjourned for five days while more evidence is gathered.

Once the case was over we went on march to Sheffield train staion, via fargate, going by the town hall, then we went by howden house, and then we walked down to the train station, and we waved the Barnsley people off, as they left the station. The police today were jovial, and helpful.

Who was it who didn't allow the T-shirts?

What did the 2 men do? Did they have other shirts available?

Who was it who didn't allow the T-shirts?

What did the 2 men do? Did they have other shirts available?

To be honest I don't know if it was the magistrate's decision, or the security's decision. Luckily they both had their jackets outside so they had to come back and get jackets to cover their slogans up.

I hate admitting this, but I feel these protesters will not compromise one bit. I think until they try to find solutions, it is hard for either side to deal with the other. Maybe if they gave up their right to travel at peak times, morning and evening journeys. Or they could offer to pay a top up on their bus pass, which would include rail travel. SYPTE could stop people not from South Yorkshire using the tram with a concessionary pass, as extra funding.

I think this is where I find the protester's standpoint hard to agree with. Without compromise, all that would be left is two brick walls.