Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

Why was he still trying to hit the police with his bag when restrained if he was co-operating with them?

If he's not co-operating, should the police just let him go with a "oh well, you're too feisty for us mate, as you were"?

so the way there pushing his neck is acceptable doesnt matter what people say this is not acceptable .

so the way there pushing his neck is acceptable doesnt matter what people say this is not acceptable .

Only the people actually involved will know whether the Police were trying to force his head down, or if he was trying to force his head up.

Do you think they should have just let him off and carry on as he was?

I agree. It can do serious trouble to an older person's neck and vertabrae. But I doubt a younger person on here can comprehend this as they don't have the bad backs, aches and pains that come with old age. I'd say he was in his mid seventies at least.

The young woman is shouting out 'talk to him' but in my experience this is something cops won't do. I've seen many people banged up in the black mariah for trying to explain to explain their (often obvious) innocence, having been told to 'shut up!'

Even the most right wing on here must think 5 cops to arrest one old man is a bit excessive.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 17:25 ----------

This guy was trying though.

Was he? What do you base that on? Certainly not the video which shows no such thing.

I'd say he was in his mid seventies at least.

The two people arrested were 64 and 65.

Was he? What do you base that on? Certainly not the video which shows no such thing.

Look at the video again, watch his rucksack and how he keeps swinging it at the police.

This wasn't someone who was willing to come quietly being forced down by police brutality. It's clear from the video, and the witness who posted on here that he was giving as good as he got.

just watched this video and this pensioner was prostesting about the fares it took 5 coppers very very heavy handed quite disgusting to be honest

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/video-police-arrest-protest-pensioners-1-6689635

So people break the law and then complain about the handling by the police. Well if they paid the fair like everyone else then there wouldnt be a problem.

I say well done on the police.

BTW the tactic of multiple officers surrounding someone being violent is to create a shield between the violent offender and innocents around them. So complaining that there were 4-5 officers dealing with him is just a non-starter.

He attempted to assault multiple police officers using a weapon, they acted accordingly.

People need to stop using his age as a crutch to defend him, had this been a 15 year old "yoof" they'd all be saying the complete opposite.