Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

I see nothing has been posted on the thread about the Sheffield Freedom Ride Pensioners for a few weeks.

Has this all gone away because they have realised that they were on to a loser or have they all tipped over the edge and gone to the promised land (in their case a town somewhere in West Yorkshire)

I see nothing has been posted on the thread about the Sheffield Freedom Ride Pensioners for a few weeks.

Has this all gone away because they have realised that they were on to a loser or have they all tipped over the edge and gone to the promised land (in their case a town somewhere in West Yorkshire)

:) :) :) lol waiting on the hearing in December!

I have been wondering the same thing. I read that there was to be a meeting on September 9th to decide it once and for all but there was nothing in the news about the outcome, not that I heard anyway.

Yeah, Royston ****ing Vazey LOL You'll Never Leave.

I cannot believe the little huddle of "twerlies" at every bus & tram stop come 09:25 and later. Chillax, folks! Wetherspoons are serving free coffee reills till 14:00, so you have got nearly 5 hours to snarl up the queue of those working, or drinking beer,or both :rant:

They are still around. I left work early for once today and there was a group of them making a nuisance of themselves at Barnsley station when I got there at about 3.15. They have some catchy slogans like 'What do we want? Free train travel' 'When do we want it? Now!' And 'South Yorkshire Travel hear us say free train travel here to stay'. They really are pushing the boat out with the quality of their chants!

They stood around being noisy by the ticket office and then about 5 minutes before the train to Sheffield was due they all traipsed over to the other platform so they could tell everyone who had actually paid money to buy a ticket to travel how unfair it is that they can't travel for free.

Looking around at everyone else waiting, I don't think they had too much support for their 'cause'.

I did also have to question their reworking of We Shall Overcome (now We Shall Not Be Stopped) as using a American civil rights song primarily associated with the fight for equal rights to promote a 'cause' whereby some people think they should be getting special treatment (free train travel) while the rest of us have to pay for it.

As I've said elsewhere in this thread, I don't disagree with the free bus pass for the disabled and elderly but at a cost to everyone else, completely disagree with this 'cause'. Hence the sarcastic quote marks.

I wouldn't go for compulsory straight away, people should be allowed to elect for extermination.

Is it necessary to use bad language? How can you accuse others of "trolling" when you "Troll" incessantly.

Someone down the pub told me that "There are some "rite " barmpots and "weirdoes " posting on the Sheffield Forum". I said," get a way tha sen-you're joking". He said," Yes there are- "rite" fascists" . I said, "Surely not....not in Sheffield". He said ," O hi lad. They are out there dressing up in their uniforms and masturbating to a picture of Adolf Hitler-honest tha knows ".

His perspective is not necessarily one I share. However......

reading you two ... I think I'll have to review my position. Ting-a-ling.No offence intended.

Edited by petemcewan

They are still around. I left work early for once today and there was a group of them making a nuisance of themselves at Barnsley station when I got there at about 3.15. They have some catchy slogans like 'What do we want? Free train travel' 'When do we want it? Now!' And 'South Yorkshire Travel hear us say free train travel here to stay'. They really are pushing the boat out with the quality of their chants!

They stood around being noisy by the ticket office and then about 5 minutes before the train to Sheffield was due they all traipsed over to the other platform so they could tell everyone who had actually paid money to buy a ticket to travel how unfair it is that they can't travel for free.

Looking around at everyone else waiting, I don't think they had too much support for their 'cause'.

I did also have to question their reworking of We Shall Overcome (now We Shall Not Be Stopped) as using a American civil rights song primarily associated with the fight for equal rights to promote a 'cause' whereby some people think they should be getting special treatment (free train travel) while the rest of us have to pay for it.

As I've said elsewhere in this thread, I don't disagree with the free bus pass for the disabled and elderly but at a cost to everyone else, completely disagree with this 'cause'. Hence the sarcastic quote marks.

Cant believe they are still at it. I think more should be arrested. The rest of us passengers have to pay for our travel. Why should they get it for nowt?