Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

Ah, so you support pensioners breaking the law then? Interesting thinking there. I'm not the moron here, the Barnsley pensioners are. Doubt many of them were fighting in the war so god knows why you have brought that up.

There have been other wars since WWII so they could indeed have lost limbs you silly person. These people you call morons have also worked all their lives and are entitled to free travel because they have earned it. Wait until you have to exist on a pension and find yourself in the same situation before you start being sanctimonious

---------- Post added 29-11-2014 at 15:39 ----------

Re my bold.

When you judge another, you do not define them. You define yourself!

Well said my friend :D

There have been other wars since WWII so they could indeed have lost limbs you silly person. These people you call morons have also worked all their lives and are entitled to free travel because they have earned it. Wait until you have to exist on a pension and find yourself in the same situation before you start being sanctimonious

To be fair to him, the free travel was an added benefit, and many exist on less than the pension and pay full price for travel or forego it completely due to poverty.

I support the campaigners though, I think we should have free travel for all paid for our of general taxation.

To be fair to him, the free travel was an added benefit, and many exist on less than the pension and pay full price for travel or forego it completely due to poverty.

I support the campaigners though, I think we should have free travel for all paid for our of general taxation.

There is no good bus connection between Barnsley and Sheffield or leeds.

If you want to go Sheffield to Doncaster there is a reasonable X78 bus available. Even Sheffield chesterfield is better than Sheffield Barnsley.

The Barnsley Sheffield bus connection goes all over taking much too long only once an hour, it is not a reasonable acceptable option.

One group of South Yorkshire Pensioners demand a free rail travel on top of free bus travel.

Other South Yorkshire pensioners cannot even get free bus travel and are expected to pay for theirs.

Who are these South Yorkshire Pensioners who cannot get a free bus pass?

Free bus passes are a National Concession for pensioners

I just noticed that the timetables and route of 265 to Barnsley have improved a little since the changes to pensioners.

Still you can travel leeds to hull (60miles) on the x62 bus in 100 minutes while Barnsley to Sheffield (20 miles) on 265 takes 60 minutes.

Edited by dutch

So you support people breaking the law then? It was a simple enough question. Because if they refuse to pay on the train, that is what they are doing. If this was a group of 15 year old kids you would be up in arms about it.

They get free travel on buses.

And if they lost limbs, they would be classed as disabled and therefore don't need to be part of this silly protest as they get all travel free anyway, and rightly so.

Edited by No User Name

I just noticed that the timetables and route of 265 to Barnsley have improved a little since the changes to pensioners.

Still you can travel leeds to hull (60miles) on the x62 bus in 100 minutes while Barnsley to Sheffield (20 miles) on 265 takes 60 minutes.

The 265 is not an express service, it is designed to serve the places inbetween.

Most fare paying passengers doing the end to end journey choose to use the train which is faster and more frequent. Even many pensioners (that do still get half price tickets) choose to do so!

I suspect if laying on an express bus just for pensioners on free passes was commercially viable it would have happened by now...