Sheffield freedom ride pensioners

yet again your totally wrong the views are very mixed . I have just read the star report and sounds like to me the gustappo of the train companies that lovee to stop people using the bridge that i may add was paid for with public money are at it again . I never forget going to the train station they were doing a drug watch and the train came in at platform 1b so i nipped through burger king suddenly 4 coppers around me asking me why i avoided the sniffer dogs i explained that my train was at platform 1b . The coppers were heavy handed and damn right disgrace yet some people will say there doing there job theres doing there job and been utter pricks and this is why they get a bad reputation . The problem is soon as they get uniform some police think its ok to act in a way thats nothing else but thugs . look at the that newspaper guy in london that basically got swept under the carpet from the thuggery of the police officer . Yet people think its ok for the coppers to act in this way whats more is i have read they were disabled that got injured i hope some prosecutes the police .

Let me know your email address and I'll send you some paragraph breaks.;-)

The ticket blockade wasn't on the bridge, it was across north end of platforms 2-5 and wasn't done by the station operators (EMT) but by Northern. Don't let facts get in the way of a rant though! When you talk about the 'gustappo' (sic) are you referring the the people the TOCs have employ to stop people stealing from them or the police that so often have to back them up because the people without tickets are so often also the nasty ones?

Arresting someone on a station platform is quite dangerous. Even with five police officers they were moving around quite a lot, with only a couple they could have staggered and joined the handcuffs on the track.

showed some decourum instead of being animals

the pensioners that is? particularly that gobby woman!!!

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:02 ----------

Shameful, disgusting bullies is what I see. No allowance for ageing joints, dodgy tickers, no respect for age. Five public officials, publicly torturing (in the guise of restraint), by partial dislocation of the shoulder joints, an old man. I wonder what damage they have done. How they can show their faces in public or go home to their families is completely beyond me. Makes me ashamed to be British.

Nothing any one can say would justify this.

so its perfectly OK to break the law when you are a pensioner then? How would you have handled it?

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:03 ----------

The right to protest is the right of every British citizen and we should be glad that it is.

When democracy is not working it is the only viable alternative short of anarchy, .

And when the "right to protest" becomes aggressive you would still expect the police to stand by tutting?

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:07 ----------

yet again your totally wrong the views are very mixed . I have just read the star report and sounds like to me the gustappo of the train companies that lovee to stop people using the bridge that i may add was paid for with public money are at it again . I never forget going to the train station they were doing a drug watch and the train came in at platform 1b so i nipped through burger king suddenly 4 coppers around me asking me why i avoided the sniffer dogs i explained that my train was at platform 1b . The coppers were heavy handed and damn right disgrace yet some people will say there doing there job theres doing there job and been utter pricks and this is why they get a bad reputation . The problem is soon as they get uniform some police think its ok to act in a way thats nothing else but thugs . look at the that newspaper guy in london that basically got swept under the carpet from the thuggery of the police officer . Yet people think its ok for the coppers to act in this way whats more is i have read they were disabled that got injured i hope some prosecutes the police .

ahh, so now we get down to the nitty gritty, your opinion is soley based on how the police have treated you in the past over what would be a perfectly reasonable inquiry as to why you were evading drug dogs

This is not protesting it is theft, deception, anarchy.

Protesting of course is a right, protesting involves making a protest, not trying to deceive people and steal. If they want to protest, stand outside with banners.

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 02:36 ----------

The reason their cause is getting nowhere is because that is where it should go. There is no reasonable argument for this behaviour. They have had a concession withdrawn because we are all having to tighten our belts. They have then had it partially replaced and that is not good enough even though it leaves them much better off than most of their peers.

The tired old argument that they have earned it does not hold up, what they have paid for was the current concessions at that time. WE are all paying for what they are getting now.

if they stood outside, no one would be interested in their cause. the police were too heavy handed. just wish they'd be happy with the half price deal, as a mobility customer I would have been.

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:39 ----------

So the police cant arrest people over 60 anymore?

He was strong enough to resist being cuffed by 5 police officers.

And no one knows what he was being arrested for either.

So quick to blame the police.

Maybe its because the police do make mistakes very often. Then again we'll probably not find out for 25 years, about another injustice

Everyone seems to be going on about the old guys brittle bones and aching joints etc. They didn't seem to be bothering him when he was throwing himself about and lunging at police...when the police weren't even touching him, may I add.

Everybody watches the video of the aftermath and says it's an outrage but of you weren't there to witness the entire thing you can't really make an honest judgement about what happened.

The police reacted in a completely justified way to that mans behaviour.

Let me know your email address and I'll send you some paragraph breaks.;-)

The ticket blockade wasn't on the bridge, it was across north end of platforms 2-5 and wasn't done by the station operators (EMT) but by Northern. Don't let facts get in the way of a rant though! When you talk about the 'gustappo' (sic) are you referring the the people the TOCs have employ to stop people stealing from them or the police that so often have to back them up because the people without tickets are so often also the nasty ones?

Arresting someone on a station platform is quite dangerous. Even with five police officers they were moving around quite a lot, with only a couple they could have staggered and joined the handcuffs on the track.

arresting some one is dangerous maybe but you are telling me nearly breaking someones neck is the way to go then im all for restraining someone but his age should have been considered .

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:54 ----------

Everyone seems to be going on about the old guys brittle bones and aching joints etc. They didn't seem to be bothering him when he was throwing himself about and lunging at police...when the police weren't even touching him, may I add.

Everybody watches the video of the aftermath and says it's an outrage but of you weren't there to witness the entire thing you can't really make an honest judgement about what happened.

The police reacted in a completely justified way to that mans behaviour.

come on then if you were day eplain what happened exactly i have spoke to a friend who is star reporter and he said he understands it was ott and very rough

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:55 ----------

so its perfectly OK to break the law when you are a pensioner then? How would you have handled it?

And when the "right to protest" becomes aggressive you would still expect the police to stand by tutting?

ahh, so now we get down to the nitty gritty, your opinion is soley based on how the police have treated you in the past over what would be a perfectly reasonable inquiry as to why you were evading drug dogs

shut up no not at all i have never been in trouble may i add good to stereo type someone there giive yourself a gold star .

---------- Post added 24-06-2014 at 08:57 ----------

when it gets aggressive when the police is waiting to arrest someone what you expect to great the police with roses what gets me is this is way ott and maybe the police should catch real criminals .

[/color]

come on then if you were day eplain what happened exactly i have spoke to a friend who is star reporter and he said he understands it was ott and very rough

I walked through the train station twice that day. The second time I stopped to look to see what was going on with the protest, see what they were protesting, etc. All of a sudden two old guys started acting aggressively, throwing themselves about and swiping at police, when the police had just been talking to them. There was a scuffle as police tried to calm the men down and stop them from hurting anyone around them, which is when they surrounded the man on the video, creating a barrier between him and the general public. They then detained him.

As for the other man, I won't comment on what happened with him because my view of him was obstructed, and I don't want to make brainless comments on something I didn't actually see.

Reporters will always see what gets them the most interesting story.

when it gets aggressive when the police is waiting to arrest someone what you expect to great the police with roses what gets me is this is way ott and maybe the police should catch real criminals .

You mean like people causing a disturbance at a train station that could potentially endanger life?

I said:-

It might turn out to be good for their cause, as it seems action without violence is mostly ignored by the media.

You replied:-

Not a chance, where is all this money going to come from en? More tendered bus services axed (see the other read on the go) more than likely. And then they will moan about that...

I don't quite understand how your reply relates to my post, but do you think anybody would be talking about this if it had passed of without incident?