Cheapest airport to get to from Sheffield?

I get frustrated when looking to book a holiday that I have to state my departure airport quite specifically.

So my question is this - which is the easiest / cheapest airport to get to from Sheffield?

And am I better driving and paying for parking, or taking public transport?

Thanks!

The easiest one to get too is probably Doncaster airport, easy by car but flights are a bit limited, i dont know what it costs to park there though.

East midlands is easy to get too as well by car, 40 mins down the M1, plenty of flights to many destinations and the last time i parked there for a week a couple of years ago it cost about £30.

Leeds Bradford is another option but i find it a bit of a pain to get too with it being in the north of Leeds.

Then of course theres Manchester with flights going everywhere, dont know how much it is to park there as i always go there by airport taxi, this usually costs around £60 to £70 return, shop around for taxi quotes to get a good deal but make sure they are licensed.

Hope this helps.

It might narrow it down if you could advise where you are wanting to travel to and who you propose to fly with.

If its a cheap package tour to Spain or Italy then your nearest could be Doncaster or Leeds Bradford. However, if you are thinking Bali, Thailand or New York you are gonna have to be looking at Heathrow or at the very least Manchester.

Doncaster / Leeds Bradford are nearest as the crow flies but are pretty much dominated solely by the Easyjet, Ryanair, Thomson clan and have poor public transport links.

Manchester is pretty good all round for most desinations and is only about an hour away by car or train.

Heathrow is a ball ache and costly airport to use whether by car or public transport but it is the only one in the country with a true universal offering of destinations particuarly with some of the last minute bargain offerings - who seem to always default to heathrow.

Check parking4less.co.uk for good deals on airport parking, I saved 45£ on a 6 day parking deal at Heathrow.

I wouldn't limit myself to the ease of getting to the airport though, I'd have a good look at where I want to go and find the best deal possible with the option of flying from Donny, Manchester, Leeds or EMA.

I just used purple parking to get meet and greet parking for a week at Manchester airport-1 Zafira-4 adults , it was £29!! Total bargain.

We are lucky in Sheffield that we have all of the options -Doncaster/East Midlands/Leeds/Manchester and even Birmingham and Liverpool aren't that far if you go for the driving option

Archived