Cheapest airport to get to from Sheffield?

That's very helpful, thank you Graham. Very comprehensive answer! Sounds like driving and paying for parking is the most economical, not to mention the most convenient. Thanks again for the quick, helpful reply!

Parking at Manchester for a week is about £25 - £30 if booked in advance.

East Midlands Airport:

Derbyshire Wayfarer -off peak ticket prices

£12.00 for an adult (plus one child under 16)

£6.00 for a senior citizen (aged 60 or over), a child under 16*, or a holder of a Gold Card or other English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS) pass

£22.00 for a group of up to two adults and up to three children

Change from train to bus at Derby

I like Leeds Bradford because no matter what time of day I go, it is always

an hour door to door. Easy to plan.

But the easiest has to be East mids, straight down the motorway and bobs ur uncle.

Humberside is reasonably easy too, and all three have parking very close to the

terminal.

For a while I loved Doncaster, easy to get to, easy to park, and quite local. Nowadays though the prices from there are way above the others.

Manchester is close but the journey is prone to complications on the traffic side of things, can be a nightmare.

Offers on parking mean it's a lot cheaper than taxis at airports unless you are a group of people big enough for a minibus.

• 2 weeks later...
I get frustrated when looking to book a holiday that I have to state my departure airport quite specifically.

So my question is this - which is the easiest / cheapest airport to get to from Sheffield?

And am I better driving and paying for parking, or taking public transport?

Thanks!

Hi, the easiest way is to take a taxi, door to door service. You chose your holiday and we take you to the airport of your choice. Click the link below to arrange a booking.:roll::)

I'd recommend finding the best flight first, then working from that. You might get to the cheapest airport, but have to pay more for the flight.

You have to look at the whole journey.

I am flying from Manchester in a few weeks and have booked to have someone meet me at the airport terminal and they will take my car, park it for ten days and then meet me with my car back at the airport terminal all for £40. Convenient and decent value.

A few points to bear in mind.

Package holidays often have flights from alternative airports, but at different prices, so you should include the whole cost of the holiday plus parking, not just the parking alone.

There used to be a National Bus to East Midlands. It was good value, but I've not used it for many years so don't know if its still there.

There's a good train service to Manchester, right to the airport.

When there's a lot of us, and its easier to go by car, we've used both an off site car park (where they then bus you to the airport) - its called something like aph, as well as the on site parks and the airport bus. We tend to use that at Manchester. We've also used the pre booked on site car parks which are a little cheaper IIRC. They are OK but it is sometimes a little time consuming to find a place to park (and make sure you remember where you've parked). We tend to do that at EMA.

I am flying from Manchester in a few weeks and have booked to have someone meet me at the airport terminal and they will take my car, park it for ten days and then meet me with my car back at the airport terminal all for £40. Convenient and decent value.

"Use it for a taxi for ten days":hihi:

Archived