Great CITY of SHEFFIELD .

Is there any wonder Look North doesn't feature Sheffield when all people do is moan, moan, moan? I use this forum to keep in touch with my home town but my god, it's depressing. You get a world class sporting event (TDF) and this forum is full of people moaning about the roads being closed. You get a brand new market and the forum is full of people moaning about the old, smelly, dirty market closing. You're getting a brand new cinema but before a brick has even been laid, you're writing it off as a failure.

No wonder they don't want to bring HS3 to Sheffield with all this moaning!

How do you know people moaning from here are from sheffield or reside in city? Some are and some of not, so what's your point?

Is there any wonder Look North doesn't feature Sheffield when all people do is moan, moan, moan? I use this forum to keep in touch with my home town but my god, it's depressing. You get a world class sporting event (TDF) and this forum is full of people moaning about the roads being closed. You get a brand new market and the forum is full of people moaning about the old, smelly, dirty market closing. You're getting a brand new cinema but before a brick has even been laid, you're writing it off as a failure.

I'm sorry that you are moaning about us moaning.

Please move back we need you to set an example as to how a proper Sheffielder should carry on.

How do you know people moaning from here are from sheffield or reside in city?

Id imagine their location details under their username on the left is a bit of a giveaway

<----------------------

The problem with people in Leeds and Manchester is that they've all got their heads stuck where the sun doesn't shine. I'm not bothered what those two cities do, let them get on with their own crummy lives

And how do you know this?

Andy does have a point, but instead of tackling it people seem to just be attacking the poster rather than the post, or slating other towns and cities.

We were told by the self regarding city councilors that the World Student Games was a 'world class event'. A cigar for anyone that can tell me which cities subsequent games have been held in.

We're still paying for their ego trip.

We were told by the self regarding city councilors that the World Student Games was a 'world class event'. A cigar for anyone that can tell me which cities subsequent games have been held in.

We're still paying for their ego trip.

Buffalo, Fukuoka, Sicily, Palma de Mallorca, Beijing, Daegu, Izmir, Bangkok, Belgrade, Shenzhen, Kazan. :D

You're a whiz at googling. :)

Cigar available from Councilor Peter Price.

Well you didn't say Googling wasn't allowed..... :) I know what you meant though....the games aren't exactly high profile...I can't remember seeing anything about any of them except the financial issues in Sheffield..

Sorry MM but sheffield is a shadow of its former self and will never recover its former glory,all that went with the industries.As you have posted the past of the city is great but thats gone.I am sheffield born and bred and love to get home but the future doesn't look great for the city.

A lot of industry, particularly heavy industry, has gone. but as I found while thumbing through a Sheffield Chamber Of Commerce magazine, there is a surprising amount of industry left in Sheffield.

What gives me hope for Sheffield going forward though is the growing tech/IT industries in the city.

Archived