Looking for Fred Hobson

BradK

I used to correspond with a Fred Hobson a number of years ago and was wondering if he was still in Sheffield. I believe he was older at the time as he used to type and mail his letters to me. Please letme know. Brad

If you are referring to Fred the family historian then he passed away about 4 years ago.

He was involved in a one name study of the HOBSON name in Sheffield and surrounds, and used to transcribe for The Sheffield & District Family History Society.

Hi Tuppie, thank you for the reply. Sorry to hear that he passed away. It has been a while since I corresponded with him. He was an amazing help in my research as he copied and transcribed many pieces of information for me. You would not happen to know if it is the same Fred Hobson that lived on Sycamore Rd in Ecclesfield?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Angela, thank you for the reply. I found that Fred was very helpful and always enjoyed that he corresponded by an old typewriter and post. Must have been one of the few. Has the book been digitized?

Archived