Another search for an old friend.

Hi,

This site is wonderful for looking for old friends and you've helped me to find a few but there is one who is proving to be very elusive. His name is Brian Hill and he would be around 68 years of age now. He lived and grew up at the bottom of The Moor on Michael Road. The rest of us would really like to find him. I have tried so many different ways but as the name is a reasonably common one I am finding it very hard going. If anyone has any ideas then please do share them. Any help very much appreciated.

Grannypat:)

Oh Ken,

I do hope that you are wrong and it's another Brian Hill. Did you notice if there were any details which might help me to find out if it is or not. I hope that you don't mind my asking as obviously when you go there your mind must be on your son and nothing else.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

You're all letting me down. I told my friends that the people on this site would rally round to help us find our childhood friend but so far nothing. Ken Gray did his best and for that I thank him. Is there no-one out there who has some news of Brian during the last 50 years? I've checked the BMD and there are a few people of his name who married at a time when you would expect him to have married but I am really rather loath to phone round complete strangers. If you know someone who has the surname of Hill could you ask them if they have a Brian in their family for us, please. There are so many of you that that has to be a good way of trying to find something out. PLEASE :)

Grannypat

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 22:25 ----------

Hi Everyone,

Must keep bringing this post back to the top in the hope that someone will spot it who can perhaps provide a clue or even an answer. I am ever hopeful.

Grannypat

Archived