Sheffield pride 2014

woodmally

maybe the artists were "cheap".:D:D

"Less said about the Pride March the better, what a shambles, set off 10 minutes late due to no floats arriving."

Floats werent permitted this year due to the traffic bollards across the route at Leopold St. I thought the parade was rather good, albeit chilly weather, but the rain held off at least.

"Yes the walk was longer but not many people in it, waste of police time, this really needs better organising next year, it would be nice to have the Sheffield gay bars take part in the march, a bit of advertising for them. "

The parade should be better next year; its just a question of a better route.

I went to Leeds pride last year and there is no comparison at all.

Leeds Pride is indeed better.

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 12:52 ----------

"I do know that the Viaduct bar do a collection for the event and they make this last for months, such a good way to raise funds.

Maybe Sheffield gay bars should do the same, have collection tins in each pub so people can contribute throughout the year."

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 12:55 ----------

Indeed, Leeds Pride is great; Sheffield bars could raise more money throughout the year and organise a free pride in Endcliffe Park or Ponderosa

Archived