Photos in Public Places

The management (or more likely security) can ask you to leave.

But Bedrock has no comeback.

Hell, get a photo of Bedrock in his front room, take it from the street. Tough luck for Bedrock.

Ah no. That's where you *could* run foul of the law. In your own dwelling you do have a reasonable expectation of privacy and at that point you could run into problems, depending on how private the front room is (far from the public highway - are there curtains or nets up - etc)

Sunbathing in your front garden - fair game. Sunbathing in your back garden - that's a different matter. It gets a bit complicated around private houses, unlike public places like parks, Meadowhall, etc....

I will keep this simple. Note: USA and UK have different laws.

Question: Can I take a photo of kids in a public place playing ball?

Answer: Yes

Question: Can I take a photo of kids in their own garden?

Answer: No

Question: If I take a photo in public when can I not use and or publish it on youtube etc?

Answer: If you publish any photo or video online taken in public You may need a model release form to do so, If the page/website has advertisement . or any means of payment through banners etc then the public in that photo or video now become models.

What do you mean?

Example: I am on holiday and have a great photo with some of the public unaware they are in it. I post it on my website that has advertisement banners. I now have a problem! Unless I get a release form signed.

Question: Why?

That website is earning revenue And the public now become models and will require payment, Unless you get them to sign a release form.

Lots more shades of gray but that is the simplest way I can put it.

Tip: When searching/researching make sure it's for UK.

No matter how many times you post you can't hide the fact that you were wrong and still are.

Still waiting on your link lmao!!!!

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 22:08 ----------

No matter how many times you post you can't hide the fact that you were wrong and still are.

Here is a challenge.... Post some stuff online of kids playing give me the link and see how fast I get it taken down. :loopy:

---------- Post added 03-07-2014 at 22:15 ----------

Start Here

Here is a challenge.... Post some stuff online of kids playing give me the link and see how fast I get it taken down. :loopy:

45thdurkarscouts.openorg.co.uk

Nice ones in the banner headlines there. Go on - get it taken down.

Archived