Housebuilder of the Belfry Estate?

Some built by Tarmac, and Bellway. Cant remember McLeans!

Site hut for Tarmac was along side 31 Ringwood Cresc. (Tea with 4 sugars and all that!)

If I remember correctly...McLeans were taken over by Tarmac homes...We bought a new build McLeans house in 1984 and they'd changed to Tarmac when we bought from them again in 1991..Their offices were up around Wortley Rd in Rotherham..

• 11 months later...

i live on meadowgate avenue at the back of the belfrey pub,i have the deeds which show paperwork/invoices etc from tarmac homes,worst built house i have ever owned,shoddy workmanship seemed like they skimped on a lot of materials,and considering our house was a double plot and the house was going to one of the bosses, i will say no more

• 3 weeks later...
ours was the last McLeans house to be built, it was over the access road to the compound. We`ve been digging bricks and paving slabs up ever since

We bought one of the first ten on phase 1 from McLeans. Awful living there on a virtual building site for ages. All these names, Bellway, Tarmac etc were all offshoots of one company.

Had lots of snagging. Leaking radiators/pipes, faulty window frames etc.