Adverts that annoy..

Guest busdriver1

There seems to be a policy for the harder to sell products of producing annoying adverts that get your attention for the wrong reasons. 

I personally avoid any products promoted with annoying adverts as they irritate me so are not deserving of my custom.

Own Goal.

Think go compare - will never use them.

Women going around a room trying to look really sexy whilst doing pirouettes one after another.  If there's something sexy about turning around,  I've missed it,

Showing women modelling different dresses with that silly looking catwalk walk, only wildly exaggerated, and  with arms flailing like windmills.

That grating male voice on flash adverts about the dirty manky bits.

Like busdriver1, I refuse to buy anything if I really dislike their adverts.

Also, if there a choice of 2 brands and one brand is never advertised,  I buy that one.  Then I can imagine,  I've just told them to do one.

We never get good ads, like the one with a bloke and a big bear fighting Kung Fu on a river bank, over  a salmon

Edited by Organgrinder

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Women going around a room trying to look really sexy whilst doing pirouettes one after another.  If there's something sexy about turning around,  I've missed it,

Showing women modelling different dresses with that silly looking catwalk walk, only wildly exaggerated, and  with arms flailing like windmills.

Yes,  worse in the magazines where they pose with their gobs (sorry) open,  trying to look sexy when their target audience is women who are only interested in the clothes.

15 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Best to have a TV hard drive recorder and dodge all adverts ,which then reduces 60 minute programmes to 45 minutes of watchable TV.

Best device I ever bought, less than £20 I think it was for a 500GB portable HDD plugged into a USB socket on my 'smart' tv'. It records an enormous amount of programmes and as you say 'fast forward' through the ads.

• Thanks 1

The electric Jaguar ads a black guy is cruising down the road at night he shuts his eyes tips his head back and opens his lips,his teeth light up. A black woman is skateboarding down a road at night the wheels on the skateboard light up ? I just don’t get it.