Adverts that annoy..

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

The electric Jaguar ads a black guy is cruising down the road at night he shuts his eyes tips his head back and opens his lips,his teeth light up. A black woman is skateboarding down a road at night the wheels on the skateboard light up ? I just don’t get it.

Most tv ads have only a brief run, so they use surreal special effects, plenty of movement and noise to keep your attention in the hope the viewer doesn't get up to put kettle on.

4 hours ago, carosio said:

Most tv ads have only a brief run, so they use surreal special effects, plenty of movement and noise to keep your attention in the hope the viewer doesn't get up to put kettle on.

Yes surreal sums that.one.up it crops up on YouTube all the time apart from the obvious electric part i.think it's a bit strange but the cars are left hand drive so maybe it's aimed at Americans.

The new trend of whispering adverts-then 'period products' why have they changed the name of these? plus they're always on at meal times - gross- I always mute or change channels 🤬

One of the more memorable was the Mr Kipling fruit pie ad, he had the distinctive voice. One I didn't care for was the 'Howard of Halifax'  (Building Society) one, the black man with specs doing silly songs; and that's probably why I remember it.

16 minutes ago, carosio said:

One of the more memorable was the Mr Kipling fruit pie ad, he had the distinctive voice. One I didn't care for was the 'Howard of Halifax'  (Building Society) one, the black man with specs doing silly songs; and that's probably why I remember it.

Howard and the Go Compare guy got careers ut of adverts.

12 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Howard and the Go Compare guy got careers ut of adverts.

Wynne Evans already had an established career with Welsh National Opera, although his parody of Caruso on the ad has made him a bob or two.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hayes said:

The new trend of whispering adverts-then 'period products' why have they changed the name of these? plus they're always on at meal times - gross- I always mute or change channels 🤬

Agreed. And adverts for nappies for goodness sake at mealtimes 🤮

And, probably worst of all, the charity adverts with that pleading voice that goes on forever. I give to charities of my own choice and never ones that advertise constantly on tv with guilt tripping tactics.

I want to go back to the old days when adverts were for Kia ora and shake’n’vac!

Edited by redruby