Nosy Neighbours can check on disability benefits

The point is, you're nosey and it's none of your business who is on benefits.

Showing an interest in how and who spends the money we give to government isn't being nosy, if everyone showed more concern there would be less fraud and less waste, more crimes solved.

Showing an interest in how and who spends the money we give to government isn't being nosy, if everyone showed more concern there would be less fraud and less waste, more crimes solved.

There's a difference between showing an interest and being poky minded. I get the impression from some on this thread, that because you receive benefits of some kind, you have to forgo your civil liberties

There's a difference between showing an interest and being poky minded. I get the impression from some on this thread, that because you receive benefits of some kind, you have to forgo your civil liberties

Yep and wanting to know what they do in bed is poky minded, wanting to know if they are entitled to the benefits they receive is showing concern of how the tax we pay is spent.

What utter, ill-thought out garbage.

The monies stolen through benefit fraud is far outweighed by the frauds committed by those in positions of power. (politicians, bankers, etc)

the powers that be put the emphasis on the little man, at the bottom of the ladder, and concentrate on turning both ends against the middle, rather than letting the populace focus on the criminality of the higher echelons.

The monies stolen through benefit fraud is far outweighed by the frauds committed by those in positions of power. (politicians, bankers, etc)

the powers that be put the emphasis on the little man, at the bottom of the ladder, and concentrate on turning both ends against the middle, rather than letting the populace focus on the criminality of the higher echelons.

What a childish argument. So minor fraud is perfectly fine because other people get away with larger frauds?

By your local it's perfectly fine for me to commit one murder because some serial killers have got away with killing far more people.

This topic isn't about the Bible or Koran.

I haven't claimed that it isn't, I think we should also know how they use tax money, the more we know the less likley they are to get away with fraud.

What a childish argument. So minor fraud is perfectly fine because other people get away with larger frauds?

By your local it's perfectly fine for me to commit one murder because some serial killers have got away with killing far more people.

did he say commit crime, he means that if you target a company like vodafonne, you could receive the entire benefit bill of this country. Surely it makes more sense to go after the people with the most money.

did he say commit crime, he means that if you target a company like vodafonne, you could receive the entire benefit bill of this country. Surely it makes more sense to go after the people with the most money.

It makes more sense to go after both, and the population are more likley to witness benefit fraud than corporate fraud, by giving us more information it will cut the time fraud investigators need to track down benefit fraud and give them more time to track down corporate fraud.

Archived