Shop window competition 1958 to 1963??

Please note I'm out in Brittany and had a few too many red wines to be sober. So, just now my wife saw a plastic headed drawing pin in the newly tiled ceiling and I don't know why, but it took me back to my school days. I was at the City Grammar School from 1958 to 1963 and often wandered around the city centre at lunch time. For a few weeks I seem to remember a competition that involved looking for coloured drawing pin heads in shop windows. Can't remember what it was in aid of or even if it really happened and it's not the "curse of the red wine". Anyone else remember it?

Ray :loopy:

Yes I remember that. I think it was around Christmas time and the star would publish the names of shops that took part in it. The one I went to with a couple of buddies was a china shop on London rd at bennet st. the window was well lit, but after a couple of hours we couldn't find it. But it was the fun of it I remember. Great times they were and it cost nowt.

That's going back a bit ! It was a yellow headed drawing pin hidden in the window display. I remember finding a couple, you then had to go into the shop to claim your prize. Sadly, the "prize" was an entry form for a competition for a prize. Great fun - there wasn't much on telly at the time.

Archived