Happy Independence Day!

I'm the token Englishman on my development (or at least the only one brave enough to admit it) and last year I was awoken at 8am by fireworks outside my house and some of the neighbours kids playing trumpets and banging drums. All good humour.

It's about 2am and I hear ominous rustling from the front so I expect to wake and find my lawn covered in numerous Stars and Stripes. All in preparation for the big party/barbeque tomorrow evening.

If it's as much fun as the Thanksgiving shindig I'll be very happy.

To all our cousins on the other side of the pond, congratulations on 238 years of independence from your former colonial overlords.

Enjoy your day!

Thanks Phan my friend, you never, ever forget! You're so nice. :)

I am enjoying today. I've already drunk my weight in iced tea and spent the morning cooking. Do we have enough potato salad YET?!:hihi:

Next year, I'm in charge of hot dogs and potato chips. (crisps?)

This afternoon will be a BBQ, then as soon as it's dark enough, FIREWORKS!! I'm like a little kid with fireworks, I love them.

Should be a nice day with my family, neighbors and friends.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 22:37 ----------

I'm the token Englishman on my development (or at least the only one brave enough to admit it) and last year I was awoken at 8am by fireworks outside my house and some of the neighbours kids playing trumpets and banging drums. All good humour.

It's about 2am and I hear ominous rustling from the front so I expect to wake and find my lawn covered in numerous Stars and Stripes. All in preparation for the big party/barbeque tomorrow evening.

If it's as much fun as the Thanksgiving shindig I'll be very happy.

Ahhh, this means they like you and have accepted you as one of the tribe. :thumbsup:

Watched the Germnany vs France FIFA this morning. This afternoon we're in BIig Bear Lake 8,000 feet up in the San Bernardino National Forest where the air is much cooler and the stars hang down from a pitch black night sky.

There's a fireworks display on the lake and later a 4th July Mexican style at a neighbour's house.

Hasta la vista amigos! Let the good times roll ! :)

Thanks Phan my friend, you never, ever forget! You're so nice. :)

He has a generous spirit, and if you don't mind me saying, so do you. Independence is a great thing, there should be more of it!

Is it a bit like bonfire night by the way? Without the bonfires of course.