Happy Independence Day!

Yay, Happy Independence Day!

...............what a splendid job you've made of it, and do spare a thought for those frenchmen that won it for you:hihi:

and the native americans - they had a huge hand in helping us.

We dont mention the French after they helped you guys during the war of 1812 - where you burnt down the white house ;)

He has a generous spirit, and if you don't mind me saying, so do you. Independence is a great thing, there should be more of it!

Is it a bit like bonfire night by the way? Without the bonfires of course.

Yes, Phan is a cool guy. One of my all time favorites on here. And thanks Waldo, that's a nice thing to say. :)

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 03:55 ----------

Now

is what I call fireworks! Isn't is beautiful? Edited by Sierra

At risk of starting a mutual backslapping session ;)

Sierra, it's such a pleasure to have you on this forum and if I can keep luring you back by wishing you Happy Independence Day once a year, then that's a paltry price to pay for your company here.

I do also happen to think it's truly a thing worth celebrating.

And, of course, I'm establishing my credentials for my visit to California in the future ;)

I think you'd like Waldo.

Waldo - you're a scholar and a gentleman sir, it's been too long!

At risk of starting a mutual backslapping session ;)

Sierra, it's such a pleasure to have you on this forum and if I can keep luring you back by wishing you Happy Independence Day once a year, then that's a paltry price to pay for your company here.

I do also happen to think it's truly a thing worth celebrating.

And, of course, I'm establishing my credentials for my visit to California in the future ;)

I think you'd like Waldo.

Waldo - you're a scholar and a gentleman sir, it's been too long!

Gosh, I need to check back here more frequently. ;)

Thanks Phan, it's good to know not everyone here hates me. :hihi:

Well then, I will add Waldo to the long list of folks I need to meet if I come to Sheffield. Ashamed to admit I've been saying that for nearly TEN YEARS. Gah!

I've always said, I find you Sheffield folk fascinating. And by all means, if you do come to California, I'd love to show you around. Really. :)

Gosh, I need to check back here more frequently. ;)

Thanks Phan, it's good to know not everyone here hates me. :hihi:

Well then, I will add Waldo to the long list of folks I need to meet if I come to Sheffield. Ashamed to admit I've been saying that for nearly TEN YEARS. Gah!

Your room is waiting!

I've always said, I find you Sheffield folk fascinating. And by all means, if you do come to California, I'd love to show you around. Really. :)

We've got family in Monterey (and Boston and NY) and so a big US trip is definitely on the cards. But I've been saying that for 10 years too.

One day, one day.

Your room is waiting!

We've got family in Monterey (and Boston and NY) and so a big US trip is definitely on the cards. But I've been saying that for 10 years too.

One day, one day.

Well go for it then. We just got back from a ten day group tour across the old south beginning in Nashville, Tenn and ending in New Orleans.

There were people from Australia, the UK, South Africa in the group. One lady from Australia drove ten hours from her home in Oz to catch the plane from Sydney to Los Angeles (17 hour flight about) and then another 4 hour flight from L.A to Nashville.

Our South African members had a 20 hour flight from Jo'Burg including stop overs before arriving to join the group.

If the will to do it is really there then that's 2/3 the battle won

Edited by Harleyman

• 11 months later...

Aah, so sorry, I was away this year.

Happy Independence Day to all our American posters. You did the right thing in 1776, and you've got the Scots and Welsh at it too (although it took a couple of hundred years for us hidebound europeans to get the drift) - just the English who need to declare themselves independent of the Empire now and job's a good 'un.

Hope you all had a good one!

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 15:54 ----------

Well go for it then. We just got back from a ten day group tour across the old south beginning in Nashville, Tenn and ending in New Orleans.

There were people from Australia, the UK, South Africa in the group. One lady from Australia drove ten hours from her home in Oz to catch the plane from Sydney to Los Angeles (17 hour flight about) and then another 4 hour flight from L.A to Nashville.

Our South African members had a 20 hour flight from Jo'Burg including stop overs before arriving to join the group.

If the will to do it is really there then that's 2/3 the battle won

I'm planning the 2018 megatrip now!

Aah, so sorry, I was away this year.

Happy Independence Day to all our American posters. You did the right thing in 1776, and you've got the Scots and Welsh at it too (although it took a couple of hundred years for us hidebound europeans to get the drift) - just the English who need to declare themselves independent of the Empire now and job's a good 'un.

Hope you all had a good one!

---------- Post added 06-07-2015 at 15:54 ----------

I'm planning the 2018 megatrip now!

Good for you mate :thumbsup:

I was the token Brit at the party trying to keep a low profile in case I was tarred and feathered. The fireworks were very good over the lake and I confessed that if they had not broken away they would not have had the great firework show.

I was the token Brit at the party trying to keep a low profile in case I was tarred and feathered. The fireworks were very good over the lake and I confessed that if they had not broken away they would not have had the great firework show.
:hihi:

Belated Happy Independence Day to you all.

I'm not only thinking of the SF members, but also my Irish American cousins.