Sunfest Beer Festival 2014

Doom

With you there Jemmo. Always up for a Forum beer crawl. Tho bearing in mind I live in Barnsley would have to meet you there.

Sounds good. Well, there`s a fair few folk heading to the Green Flash MTB at Shakies next Friday, if you fancy that!?

Sounds good. Well, there`s a fair few folk heading to the Green Flash MTB at Shakies next Friday, if you fancy that!?

Cheers. I would Jemmy but sadly I'm heading to Buxton for the week from tomorrow. Oh wait.. I don't mean sadly do I? With trips to Buxton, Titanic, RedWillow and Marble brewery taps planned, as well as Thornbridge brewery, it promises to be an interesting week... :)

Keep me informed of future plans tho huh?

Cheers. I would Jemmy but sadly I'm heading to Buxton for the week from tomorrow. Oh wait.. I don't mean sadly do I? With trips to Buxton, Titanic, RedWillow and Marble brewery taps planned, as well as Thornbridge brewery, it promises to be an interesting week... :)

Keep me informed of future plans tho huh?

Not jealous. In fact, I don`t believe you are a real person.

We always do the Friday at this festival because we like the strong beers and they usually start running out by Friday evening.

There's not much I could discuss regarding TdF, because I didn't really know what was going on, but I did thoroughly enjoy the whole day/event.

Regards

Doom

Does this suggest that the strong beers are most popular? and if so, why don't more pubs have them and why don't they have more barrels of the same at such beer festivals?

I am sorry to miss this one because I know it's a good beer festival. I went last year and enjoyed it, although on my 2nd visit, with the Mrs, it was not so good. She isn't a beer drinker and I queued for about 20 minutes for a glass of white wine for her, which was such poor quality, she couldn't drink it. And having tried it, I didn't blame her. I ended queuing again for a glass of red, which was also barely drinkable. I like that pub for its beer but seeing as the wine is such cheap rubbish I don't tend to go very often, as I am usually out with my other half.

This isn't wine snobbery by any stretch. Even those cheap little bottles of Stowell's wines (not exactly top notch) would be absolutely fine (and no waste for the landlord if his pub doesn't attract many wine drinkers). It amazes me how so much care and attention can be paid to getting the very best beers on tap but not give two hoots about the wine. There are many "real ale" pubs guilty of this. (Thankfully the Broadfield offers both good beer and decent wine, so that's where we usually end up going, even though the Rising Sun is much nearer for us).

• 2 weeks later...
Not jealous. In fact, I don`t believe you are a real person.

LOL - you don't huh, Jemmo? Well I can promise I am. Really enjoyed the Buxton Tap and the RedWillow tap had a real 'SteamPunk' look which I liked very much. Could send a pic of me in either if this place allowed it! Both were a tad on the expensive side though, seeing as Marble Arch were offering Dobber on keg cheaper than pretty much anything in the other two.

Back in Sheffield now though (for work anyway) and wondering how to kill time to the next festival. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived