Mugabe says the remaining white farmers must get out of Zimbabwe

Mugabe makes money from diamonds. He and his henchmen have no interest in farming. Their main interest is to depopulate areas around the diamond mines.

He does have the war vets and Zano , people who worked the land have lost their income and now face hardship , the farm land is rapidly turning back into bush and is going to need alot of hard work to bring it back to what it was , The workers were well off , bellys full , education for the children and more , i i I I agree this is sad. However is Gwenda is a mining town where the mines are still being worked and is expanding , I met one of the owners of the gold mine when i was there recently , sadly because of the rumors that the Zim dollar is bout to make a return , businesses are closing ! eskimomo hut is a very famous icecream shop , has gone it had been there since the 40s , my parents went there just after the second world war . Lizmachin are you from Zimbabwe ?

There are many squatter camps where people try to settle and make a life , these places are often knocked to the ground and the people taken to desolate areas where there is no water or food by war vets , If you are caught helping you could be put in prison , as this happened to a local pastor , who opened his church and got the people brought into town for food and medical care , your family can be intimidated , your homes taken from you etc

He does have the war vets and Zano , people who worked the land have lost their income and now face hardship , the farm land is rapidly turning back into bush and is going to need alot of hard work to bring it back to what it was , The workers were well off , bellys full , education for the children and more , i i I I agree this is sad. However is Gwenda is a mining town where the mines are still being worked and is expanding , I met one of the owners of the gold mine when i was there recently , sadly because of the rumors that the Zim dollar is bout to make a return , businesses are closing ! eskimomo hut is a very famous icecream shop , has gone it had been there since the 40s , my parents went there just after the second world war . Lizmachin are you from Zimbabwe ?

There are many squatter camps where people try to settle and make a life , these places are often knocked to the ground and the people taken to desolate areas where there is no water or food by war vets , If you are caught helping you could be put in prison , as this happened to a local pastor , who opened his church and got the people brought into town for food and medical care , your family can be intimidated , your homes taken from you etc

I am South African. My parents were both Zimbos who were driven from their land. I have never set foot in the country.

Guest sibon
I am South African. My parents were both Zimbos who were driven from their land. I have never set foot in the country.

That's very interesting.

You seem to have memory issues..

Or truth issues. But I'm too charitable to suggest that:cool:

That's very interesting.

You seem to have memory issues..

Or truth issues. But I'm too charitable to suggest that:cool:

Not really. I was born in a camp in South Africa after my parents fled Zimbabwe. I arrived in the UK via Hong Kong. But it seems you are looking to make a big issue about things.

sadly thats the case for a lot of white farmers , many were offered land in Mozambique / Botswana / Malawi etc quite a few came back to the uk Mugabe has caused major damage and then blames us for his situation , he will not take responsibility for his role in the ruining of a beautiful country , with beautiful people

• 2 weeks later...

When do we start taking bets on how long it takes the country to descend into total anarchy as the power struggle over who will be number one rips the place apart.

I can't see it being a controlled hand-over of power, like Cuba or North Korea.

I imagine all the generals will start arguing, then start attacking.

When do we start taking bets on how long it takes the country to descend into total anarchy as the power struggle over who will be number one rips the place apart.

I can't see it being a controlled hand-over of power, like Cuba or North Korea.

I imagine all the generals will start arguing, then start attacking.

the Zimbabwean people are a peaceful people , worn down after years of the bad treatment they have received so I just don't see it happening

Archived