Definition of success in one`s life?

I'll have you know that I'm doing very well at the box factory. My boss says that if I continue to produce such high quality work I could make supervisor within the next 15 years! And when I do, my hourly rate will go up by £1.86, so who will be having the last laugh then. YES, exactly! And that is yet another example of success!

What are we arguing about here, success or happiness? Because in my eyes they are two totally different things; and my idea of success wouldn't be working in a box factory for 15 years to get an extra £1.86!

What are we arguing about here, success or happiness?

How can you not know what we are discussing by now Bonzo? SUCCESS, we are talking about what success means.

You all think it means different things to different people, wishy washy sentimental notions, where as I am stating success means money, that you cannot have success without money, and presumably lots of it. I am right, we ALL know I'm right, you lot just like disagreeing with me, yet you brand me a troll when in fact I am the only one who is obviously addressing the subject matter logically and realistically. Why can't you handle the truth?

You can't even bring yourselves to say that you are impressed by the success of others who have achieved it in spectacular fashion as in the links I have provided.

my idea of success wouldn't be working in a box factory for 15 years to get an extra £1.86!

But wait, even though I'm on minimum wage working in the box factory, I am really happy, healthy, have a family who love me, why don't you consider me successful? I thought that was in keeping with your ideals of success. I guess you've changed your mind then.

I love boxes, I'm interested in boxes, when I'm not making boxes I'm thinking about boxes. Just the other day I walked past a lady carrying some belongings to a removal van, "nice box" I said, she told me to F off and would call the police. What's wrong with people!

Now I must get on, boxes don't make themselves you know.

How can you not know what we are discussing by now Bonzo? SUCCESS, we are talking about what success means.

You all think it means different things to different people, wishy washy sentimental notions, where as I am stating success means money, that you cannot have success without money, and presumably lots of it. I am right, we ALL know I'm right, you lot just like disagreeing with me, yet you brand me a troll when in fact I am the only one who is obviously addressing the subject matter logically and realistically. Why can't you handle the truth?

You can't even bring yourselves to say that you are impressed by the success of others who have achieved it in spectacular fashion as in the links I have provided.

But wait, even though I'm on minimum wage working in the box factory, I am really happy, healthy, have a family who love me, why don't you consider me successful? I thought that was in keeping with your ideals of success. I guess you've changed your mind then.

I love boxes, I'm interested in boxes, when I'm not making boxes I'm thinking about boxes. Just the other day I walked past a lady carrying some belongings to a removal van, "nice box" I said, she told me to F off and would call the police. What's wrong with people!

Three and a half out of ten; should be in the ''I'm bored'' (or in your case ''I'm boring'') section. Next!

You all think it means different things to different people, wishy washy sentimental notions, where as I am stating success means money, that you cannot have success without money, and presumably lots of it. I am right, we ALL know I'm right<...>
Ghandi was successful, so was Jesus, so was Castro, <etc.>

Not one aspect of their respective successes can be measured in individual wealth.

<next vacuous Coutts post>

Success is subjective, just as much as happiness or, for that matter, wealth.

You've just totally contradicted yourself!

But of course, you lot would have me believe that,

I wouldn't have you believe anything other than what you already do.

I despair, I really do!

That's your prerogative. I wouldn't despair too much if I was you though, look at how successful you are, how successfully you have made the entire thread about you, how you have drawn everyone's attention. Those are marketable skills you have there! ;)

What is it you love about boxes in particular, and how do you go about making them?

---------- Post added 07-07-2014 at 13:45 ----------

I despair, I really do!

What with your fixation for boxes?

Have you seen a psychiatrist?

<next vacuous Coutts post>

You'll be lucky to get any reply for him, let alone a vacuous one! I mentioned Ghandi earlier on, and also pointed out how Hitler could be said to be extremely successful by his definition (yet we all know what happened to him). Still, I got no reply from Coutts...

I can't help but feel he's something of a troll, a fairly good one in fact, entertaining too...

Archived