Definition of success in one`s life?

What is it you love about boxes in particular

HELLOOO????, poppet's brain, are you home? What do I love about boxes? Are you taking the pi$$ or something! WELL POPPET :rolleyes: if I really must spell it out for you, you can put things in them, they solve a simply gigantic problem on a global scale, and anything in perpetual mass demand that solves a problem to such a colossal degree, I like. I hope that is specific enough. What do I love about boxes in particular she says. :rolleyes:

Ghandi was successful, so was Jesus, so was Castro, <etc.>

SERIOUSLY now, please stop with your Ghandis and Jesus, and Castros and Hitlers.

When are you lot going to live in the REAL world! What's up with you. I challenge you, go outside right now, walk up to the first person you see and tell them you'll give them £10 if they can guess the world famous successful person you have written down on a piece of paper in your pocket.

You will hear names such as Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet and all manner of WEALTHY entrepreneurial types. NOT ONE person will say Ghandi, Jesus :hihi:, Castro or HITLER :hihi:

My posts are literally the ONLY posts in this thread that make any sense whatsoever. In fact, if you took all my posts out of this thread it would be the worst thread on success that has ever been posted online. This thread is an utter disgrace to success. My posts don't even make it good, they are helping this thread tread water at best. I only hope someone will come along soon and post something honest and interesting about success.

Why do you guys have such a problem with REAL success. You can still achieve some you know, there's no time limit. You can achieve success at 75+ if you've got some fight left in you. I despair, I really do! :rant:

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 13:51 ----------

You'll be lucky to get any reply for him, let alone a vacuous one! I mentioned Ghandi earlier on, and also pointed out how Hitler could be said to be extremely successful by his definition (yet we all know what happened to him). Still, I got no reply from Coutts...

I can't help but feel he's something of a troll, a fairly good one in fact, entertaining too...

You can stop whining now Waldo, I've replied to your question above.

I am NOT a troll, it's you lot who troll me, and you're doing a very good job of infuriating me. Good job I'm going on holiday soon, I'll need the time away to calm my nerves after this thread.

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 13:52 ----------

If I write a book about failure and it doesn't sell is it a success?

That will probably blow a few minds in this thread. Lets see what they come up with. :hihi:

SERIOUSLY now, please stop with your Ghandis and Jesus, and Castros and Hitlers.

When are you lot going to live in the REAL world! What's up with you. I challenge you, go outside right now, walk up to the first person you see and tell them you'll give them £10 if they can guess the world famous successful person you have written down on a piece of paper in your pocket.

You will hear names such as Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet and all manner of WEALTHY entrepreneurial types. NOT ONE person will say Ghandi, Jesus :hihi:, Castro or HITLER :hihi:

My posts are literally the ONLY posts in this thread that make any sense whatsoever. In fact, if you took all my posts out of this thread it would be the worst thread on success that has ever been posted online. This thread is an utter disgrace to success. My posts don't even make it good, they are helping this thread tread water at best. I only hope someone will come along soon and post something honest and interesting about success.

Why do you guys have such a problem with REAL success. You can still achieve some you know, there's no time limit. You can achieve success at 75+ if you've got some fight left in you. I despair, I really do! :rant:

Isn't that because as a society we've become so money orientated, and all of the media define success in these terms?

Isn't that because as a society we've become so money orientated, and all of the media define success in these terms?

No Mister! It's because,

SUCCESS IS MONEY ORIENTATED, THERE ARE NO DEVIATIONS!

I'm going outside to sit in the garden, this is TOO MUCH!

You can stop whining now Waldo, I've replied to your question above.

I'm not whining, I wonder if that a typo? Did you really mean to say, "stop winning now Waldo"?

I am NOT a troll, it's you lot who troll me, and you're doing a very good job of infuriating me. Good job I'm going on holiday soon, I'll need the time away to calm my nerves after this thread.

Of course! All the best trolls don't really know they're trolls. There's no harm in it though, all good fun.

Enjoy the holiday. :)

No Mister! It's because,

SUCCESS IS MONEY ORIENTATED, THERE ARE NO DEVIATIONS!

I'm going outside to sit in the garden, this is TOO MUCH!

What about the man who invented the World Wide Web, and then gave it away for free with no patent or royalties. Successful for going down in history as one of the pioneers of the IT revolution, or failure for giving away hundreds of millions of pounds?

Why? Were they not successful in their own, respective endeavours?

One of them is still being talked about over 2000 years on, has its own fabulously wealthy and disproportionately-influential State, and its anointed representatives have always had the respective ears of (and oftentimes, a complete ascendency upon) the World's presidents and despots alike.

There's only one level of success to be gotten above that, and he's his Dad and reportedly created the lot, for His sake! :roll::hihi:

When are you lot going to live in the REAL world! What's up with you.
I've lived in it for plenty enough decades, and in that time come to appreciate the wisdom of my Father's wise words, repeated to me ad nauseam since I was a nipper: "to live happy, live hidden".

I'm already significantly more successful than I ever expected to be at this stage of my life, still ascending nicely but with an enviable work-life balance (my choice)...and sufficiently self-confident (or is that mature?) not to have this atavistic need for recognition from my peers, or from complete strangers for that matter.

'Successful people' (per your definition) can draw all the tax inspectors' attentions, all the envy and opprobrium of the green-eyed brigade, all the letters, threats and exactions of the nutters and extortionists: more power to them, and long may they continue to flash it :thumbsup:

It's a bit like speeding: always have at least one car faster than you ahead of you, to keep PC plod busy whilst you carry on your merry way ;)

Good job I'm going on holiday soon, I'll need the time away to calm my nerves after this thread.

Will you be doing a Houdini and locking yourself up in one of your boxes or a trunk, and posting yourself to a holiday destination?

Probably cheaper than a air ticket.

What about the man who invented the World Wide Web, and then gave it away for free with no patent or royalties. Successful for going down in history as one of the pioneers of the IT revolution, or failure for giving away hundreds of millions of pounds?

He was certainly the inventor, but he was working for CERN, and under most employment contracts, they would have owned the work he did (even if he did it in his own time)... So did they give it away?

Archived