Definition of success in one`s life?

This guy looks pretty damn successful.

Hi Coutts,

Sorry but that picture still screams what everyone thought about people in those days who had one of those mobiles, knob. I know we all have them now, I remember coming back from Coventry in late 80's we stopped at this little village pub, it was full of Blades this guy walked in & his phone rang.

He took out the brick and put it to his ear, he had to go outside as everyone was laughing & taking the urine.

Hi Coutts,

Sorry but that picture still screams what everyone thought about people in those days who had one of those mobiles, knob. I know we all have them now, I remember coming back from Coventry in late 80's we stopped at this little village pub, it was full of Blades this guy walked in & his phone rang.

He took out the brick and put it to his ear, he had to go outside as everyone was laughing & taking the urine.

And saying 'they'll never catch on' - no doubt !

Do you really want to read through a thread load of over emotional posts how success in life means love, family, being a mother or enjoying hobbies? I know I don't! The reason why none of those things equal success is because literally ANYONE can achieve those things with zero effort.

Just saying.

Overall I agree with this. Being born is a life success in itself, or beating cancer or owning a 60inch plasma, ad infinitum.

Life's success for me is being able to stand away from the crowd, knowing that I can dip my toe back in when it benefits, then back off at will.

Contentment.

If you're happy and you know it..... clap your hands.

Yes Carmen - you have hit the nail on the head love.

Success is being happy within yourself and knowing that your life has been fulfilling and useful to others.

Here we go, it's begun! :rolleyes:

Meaning ? Do you need me to explain ? .

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 20:32 ----------

Didn't we all?

We did and 'you'll never catch me with one of those' !

Archived