Definition of success in one`s life?

Yes Carmen - you have hit the nail on the head love.

Success is being happy within yourself and knowing that your life has been fulfilling and useful to others.

Amen to that. :)

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 21:05 ----------

Here we go, it's begun! :rolleyes:

You just haven't found the right person who will fulfill your life yet Coutts.

Amen to that. :)

You just haven't found the right person who will fulfill your life yet Coutts.

I've got you haven't I, my forum wife, all the fulfilment I'll ever need with the added bonus that I can just shut my browser when I want your nagging to stop.

Very good answer we all judge success by varying levels, myself I can point to never been out of work (till forced to retire), wonderful family wife & 3 kids, 4 gorgeous grandkids.
That, to me anyway, is the definition of winning at life.

I think if a person achieves that then they have been successful.

Everything else is just superficial.

I once had this debate with my sister in law, and she said that everyone's wants are completely different, therefore for each person to achieve true happiness they require different things....for example some people want to travel the world, some want to make millions, some want to be a mother/father more than anything else, some want to rescue animals and give their time and love making others happy, and if you can achieve want you need to be happy then you've been successful, and I think she was right!

Quoted for truth.

When younger and flush I traveled the world. I've been to Antarctica, Russia, Galapagos, NZ, India, Rwanda. I've seen all the animals I think will be extinct soon because of the plague that is human beings.

Now I've done that I have simpler pleasures. A weekend in York, Lincoln or Whitby. A week in Edinburgh, a fortnight in Molyvos, an afternoon on the patio with some cold cider. I've done all the great big things, I'm just happy to do nice small things now.

That, to me anyway, is the definition of winning at life. I think if a person achieves that then they have been successful.

Everything else is just superficial.

Oh really!

You got any more of these little gems.

I think the thread should be re-phrased

definition of happiness in ones life

quite different to definition of success IMO :) x

Uh oh, you're going to upset the apple cart with that radical view.

FINALLY! :)

erm, if you actually look at the guy he's obviously successful because he's talking on the phone whilst looking at his watch. Time is money and this guy knows it. He's got success written all over him.

Or he has ulcers the size of melons and the conversation is with his boss who's giving him a right rollicking for hitting a poor target.

Money, ah well if that's the total measure of success then I suppose you're right. On the other hand he maybe substituting his very small genitals and severe halitosis with a money drive. Not sure how anyone can deduce from a single photo the success of an individual. I know many successfully financial individuals who are probably the most miserable internally.

Archived