Definition of success in one`s life?

Definition of success in one's life? Not dying is the obvious one.

There's a predictable little pattern emerging here isn't there. The thread is about success in life and yet nobody actually wants to CREDIT REAL success. In fact, it's the complete opposite.

Success is not dying, :hihi:

Those with money are completely miserable and unhappy internally.

Being born is success :rolleyes:

Beating illness and cancers is success.

SERIOUSLY, PLEASE STOP WRITING THIS DAMAGING NONSENSE! Yes, it is damaging especially if young people read and believe it. At least give them a bloody chance before they lose all belief that achieving success is even remotely possible like you lot seem to have.

None of the above things mean you have achieved success. They are downright negative parts of life that thoroughly suck if they happen to you, maybe not the being born part but you get the idea.

I find this utterly bizarre. i really do.

Why, because he's using a 1980s toy phone, the size of a brick? He's probably bankrupt by now.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 19:45 ----------

Who are you to sat Thread closed?:rant:

It may be for you, but there are other people to consider you know.

ah see, you made the mistake of biting

We all have our own individual value system, things, qualities, aspirations etc, that we attach value to. What interests me, is how clearly to we have in mind, what our own criteria for success is? What our own values are, what we seek to accomplish...

I think some people are a lot clearer than others on this. It's a lot to so with how well you really know yourself.

There's a predictable little pattern emerging here isn't there. The thread is about success in life ...

No it's not. It's about the definition of success.

As bizarre as a picture of a man with a phone looking at his watch?

Please give me something ron that at least attempts to celebrate real success. Have you honestly got nothing positive to say about achieving real extraordinary success? Surely you've still got some ambition left in you somewhere even if it is lurking deep down.

HELLOOOOOO?, rons ambition?, are you there?

---------- Post added 05-07-2014 at 09:08 ----------

We all have our own individual value system, things, qualities, aspirations etc, that we attach value to.

No Waldo! Perceived success is totally universal. We all know exactly what "real" success is and means, which is precisely why the number one question asked every second around the world in social gatherings is,

What do you do for a living?

People ask that question sometimes before they even ask your name. Human nature, we need to know where we are on the totem pole of success, it matters to us big time, we can't help ourselves. And we are right to be that way, as a species it enables us to to improve to grow and to develop, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Please give me something ron that at least attempts to celebrate real success. Have you honestly got nothing positive to say about achieving real extraordinary success? Surely you've still got some ambition left in you somewhere even if it is lurking deep down.

HELLOOOOOO?, rons ambition?, are you there?

---------- Post added 05-07-2014 at 09:08 ----------

No Waldo! Perceived success is totally universal. We all know exactly what "real" success is and means, which is precisely why the number one question asked every second around the world in social gatherings is,

What do you do for a living?

People ask that question sometimes before they even ask your name. Human nature, we need to know where we are on the totem pole of success, it matters to us big time, we can't help ourselves. And we are right to be that way, as a species it enables us to to improve to grow and to develop, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Being a private landlord making loadsa money out of the taxpayer and not getting your property trashed in the process.

Archived