Definition of success in one`s life?

Strangely you missed the point of that exercise, which I thought was clear but obviously not. But you are right in one regard, my own income and success DOES fall short of my own expectation but has nothing to do with the earnings of a surgeon, or a solicitor or a pilot. I'm sure they have a vocation to study for those professions but man can never realise real financial success by the hour, income from just the days toil of one man. It would be totally absurd to believe otherwise. A nice comfortable living maybe but that's it.

You've gone so convoluted on yourself I'm beginning to think you don't even understand what you're talking about.

I'll repeat. The definition of success in one's life isn't always necessarily defined by money which you are arguing is.

I do define success by money, because that is the ONLY way real success can be accurately measured

How would you know? you've fallen short of your expectations. All you're doing, is yourself, using nonsensical clichés with..

"Only money = success", which is garbage and isn't the same as success in life. How you can pontificate on financial success when by your own words you're a personal low achiever beggars belief.

The latest rabble of child abusers were at the peak of financial success..they're now in prison..look how successful their lives have turned out. Their lives were so successful before being caught they had to find an alternative release by messing with kids.

---------- Post added 05-07-2014 at 18:09 ----------

You can't have power and influence without money. Once the money is gone, the power and influence are sure to follow.

Nonsense. You don't even have to be alive to have power and influence.

How you can pontificate on financial success when by your own words you're a personal low achiever beggars belief.

Calm down ron, I just haven't achieved the number I want yet that's all. Personal to me, no need to begger any beliefs.

I'm very calm. Very. Probably because overall my life is successful.

eat your heart out.

If you are successful, then I'm genuinely pleased for you, I'm the one who celebrates and credits success remember. Have I not been making that clear? :hihi:

Definition of success in one's life? Not dying is the obvious one.

I'm so glad you said that metalman, I was beginning to feel inadequate and thoroughly miserable! I'm not wealthy, don't own my own home, am single - but hey, at least I'm still alive so that's something. Though knowing my luck I'll probably get run over tomorrow :hihi:

Whenever I hear about the death of a rich successful pop star, the likes of Elvis, John Lennon and more recently, Whitney Huston, Michael Jackson etc. I always think despite all their wealth, no amount of money could bring them back.

That's when I am just grateful to be alive, despite not having anything like the wealth they had. Money can only do so much for you.

Ah, what price life, it's free to everyone. Cherish it.

You can't have power and influence without money. Once the money is gone, the power and influence are sure to follow.

With money, influence, power, being your primary criteria for success; what would you make of someone like Adolf Hitler? Would you consider him to be one of the most influential, powerful, and therefore, successful people in history?

Conversely, consider someone such as Mahatma Gandhi. I don't think he amassed too much wealth, but was he influential? If so, what does that say about your equating money and influence?

Archived