Advice wanted on a car im getting(not sorn) , audi coupe quattro 1989

hi ive been given a 1989 audi coupe quattro 2.3 5 pot and ive been checking up online and i think its been untaxed since october last year and not been sorned , it belonged to a lithuanian man that went back abroard and he gave it to my freind but the logbook is still in his name , would it be any hassle to me just getting it and mot & taxing it?

ive also got to get it back 10 miles to my house is anyones got a trailer or dolly to lend lol

To get it home insure it and book it in for mot if its ready.You can drive it there and home without tax.

You can tax the vehicle straight away,with the green slip from the V5 once it has MOT.

The current owner should send off the V5 to dvla straight away,in this case id want to take the whole V5 from your friend and send it off myself as the registered keeper cant.You are only responsible from the date of change of ownership for the tax.

If you can get a reciept showing your friends details as the seller Dated.

If you do drive it,make sure your carrying any relivent paperwork such as insurance,reciept and anything left of the v5 as its going to come up un insured for a few days.

hi ive been given a 1989 audi coupe quattro 2.3 5 pot and ive been checking up online and i think its been untaxed since october last year and not been sorned , it belonged to a lithuanian man that went back abroard and he gave it to my freind but the logbook is still in his name , would it be any hassle to me just getting it and mot & taxing it?

ive also got to get it back 10 miles to my house is anyones got a trailer or dolly to lend lol

Lucky man ........... classic motor is that .

Lucky man, nice little car.

You need to get the V5 in your name, and then immediately declare SORN or get tax.

The DVLA automatically issue fines for cars with no tax now, if you let the tax lapse and don't declare sorn you're now fair game for a fine.

The previous owner might have already been fined, you might not know if he's gone abroad.

Any new owner will not be liable for a previous fine tho, so don't worry about that.

Another thing to mention is if the car changes owners then any SORN registered on it becomes null, a new owner must declare SORN on the car again.

What's so good about this classic car? :confused:

Its not really a proper classic in my eyes. I say that with an honest heart and NOT because im so damn jelous that you own it and i dont.

I hope it breaks down, then falls apart then breaks down some more.

Then catches fire then extinguishes the fire its self only so it can burst into flames again.

Im not bitter.

Archived