Do you ever feel unwell on under 3 units alcohol?

I have to say, I do enjoy a can of Stella Artois. The thing is, as much as I enjoy it (and I do mean one can), I wake early morning, and have a muggy head when I do finally get up.

If it’s a large 568ml can (2.7 units) or a small 440ml can (2.1 units) the feeling is about the same-I feel rough. Now I’m not saying it is the brand, but it is hard to understand why it occurs on a relatively low dose of my favourite tipple. Anyone else have similar experiences on such a small amount?

Only if I'm already coming down with something. But I avoid Stella because it does produce the effect you describe, plus bad temperedness. It sounds like the toxins are just starting to catch up with you, so I'd try changing brands.

Yes, I get a hangover with a single unit of alcohol these days as a result of the medication that I'm on. The upside of this is that I start feeling drunk about half way down the single glass of wine I can drink, but it does make for a very short drinking session. I go very warm and flustered and then I fall asleep, so this is why I never drink when I'm out any more- there simply is no point in doing so if I would rather be out for longer than half an hour.

I am absolutely teetotal, these days. But back when I drank, I have had two or three occasions where I've been quite ill on under a half pint of lager, (2 occasions, same pub, probably same batch of lager, within a week of each other) the third was when I had a glass of hoegaarden weissbeer. It is meant to be a cloudy beer, apparently, but it tasted awful, and made me as sick as a dog for a day or two after drinking it. I wonder if it was wheat intolerance?

---------- Post added 06-07-2014 at 22:19 ----------

Only if I'm already coming down with something. But I avoid Stella because it does produce the effect you describe, plus bad temperedness. It sounds like the toxins are just starting to catch up with you, so I'd try changing brands.

That's interesting, re the bad temperedness. Stella is called 'wifebeater' by many, and, I suspect, only half in jest.

Archived