Do you ever feel unwell on under 3 units alcohol?

I'd probably vomit if i took a gob full of bitter. :gag:

Can't say i've noticed the "wife beater" effect of Stella, and bar Bud* it's my favourite tipple.

*Cue the "girls drink" posts. :hihi:

Bud is a girls drink ;). There are thousands of interesting types of lager available - try some.

Bud is a girls drink ;). There are thousands of interesting types of lager available - try some.

Says in a Borat stylee. "But it's nice". :hihi:

Bud, for me, is the best of the best when you've a real thirst needs quenching. It's so easy to drink ! :D And way less vomit inducing than something like Carling. :gag:

I rarely find myself in pubs btw, and when i do it's usually some crap hole where a decent pint wouldn't be noticed if the customers showered in it daily. I'm not a snob, just a forced "frequenter" of **** holes. :D

I'd probably vomit if i took a gob full of bitter. :gag:

Can't say i've noticed the "wife beater" effect of Stella, and bar Bud* it's my favourite tipple.

*Cue the "girls drink" posts. :hihi:

Get thi sen a proper tipple .......... Newkie Brown or Speckled Hen , puts hairs on thi chest.

Guest sibon
Get thi sen a proper tipple .......... Newkie Brown or Speckled Hen , puts hairs on thi chest.

Ay up, Penistone.

Have you recovered from all that TV footage of cyclists running red lights?

Ay up, Penistone.

Have you recovered from all that TV footage of cyclists running red lights?

Glad they have cleared off. Been invaded with foreign types in motorhomes up my neck of the woods . Absolute pain in the backside this bike ride. It ran less than half a mile from my spot just after it entered south Yorkshire. I can normally go days without seeing a sole round here , but this weekend we have been invaded by townies and foreigners. All done now . hopefully that bikeride will never darken our shores again.

No never on normal beer but I don't drink Stella

Its possible it has additives in to give you a headache

Stella is a pretty clean beer, at least they list their ingredients, unlike many others & there's no artificial additives listed. Hops, Malted Barley, Maize and Water. I think the maize makes it a bit sweeter & stronger.

Janus, maybe you have a gluten intolerance? Some beers make me feel ill, sometimes & not because of the amount of alcohol. I've been avoiding wheat & barley since the doctors had some suspicion my father's illness might be coeliac related, feeling much better for it, but I'm missing beer. I was always alright on stella though, some beers don't have much gluten in even though they're brewed with barley, it's just hard to tell which. I've been avoiding beer, sticking to cider & wine, but I like beer. It probably wont just be beer that makes you ill if it's gluten though, lots of other common foods have much more gluten in. If you're getting other IBS like symptoms too then it might be worth seeing a doctor.

You might just be sensitive to alcohol, some people can't drink, stella is about 5%. Maybe it's something about their brewing process that doesn't agree with you, maybe it's beer in general, or it's all alcohol. I suggest you try some different drinks & see if they make you ill.

I have to say, I do enjoy a can of Stella Artois. The thing is, as much as I enjoy it (and I do mean one can), I wake early morning, and have a muggy head when I do finally get up.

If it’s a large 568ml can (2.7 units) or a small 440ml can (2.1 units) the feeling is about the same-I feel rough. Now I’m not saying it is the brand, but it is hard to understand why it occurs on a relatively low dose of my favourite tipple. Anyone else have similar experiences on such a small amount?

It might well be the brand, I have a similar problem with Heineken. As much as I like the flavour of it I very rarely drink it as I always have some sort of hangover from it whether its cans, bottles or pints and if its one or five drinks.

only other thing is your diet/food intake. 568ml is 1 pint so unless you on an empty stomach I can't see 1 pint of medium strength (4.8%) giving enough alcohol to cause a fuggy head in the morning.

closest thing to stella in my eyes is carlsberg export, try that & see if you get the same effect.

Archived