Tramlines Festival 2014

Agreed - that is on the steep side for Erdinger - but its not really a tramlines issue - they've got no control over what pubs charge for their beer

I posted directly onto DADA's Tramlines thread, before it was merged with the main thread, so it made more sense before. I was only trying to warn other Tramline-goers of bottle prices if they went in the DADA Bar. Might explain why it was pretty empty too, which is a shame for the bands playing there.

I posted directly onto DADA's Tramlines thread, before it was merged with the main thread, so it made more sense before. I was only trying to warn other Tramline-goers of bottle prices if they went in the DADA Bar. Might explain why it was pretty empty too, which is a shame for the bands playing there.

Thanks for warning DADA bar on my permanent avoid list now.

Thousands and thousands of people come into Sheffield to watch bands playing in pubs and other venues for Tramlines weekend and give them a rapturous response.........these Pubs are rammed many running out of booze this weekend...and YET.....these very same venues are empty the rest of the year when these very same bands are performing..............it seems its cool to support local bands playing their own songs in Sheffield......but just for 3 days a year.

Can anybody answer this?

Thousands and thousands of people come into Sheffield to watch bands playing in pubs and other venues for Tramlines weekend.........these Pubs are rammed many running out of booze this weekend...and YET.....these very same venues are empty the rest of the year when these very same bands are performing..............it seems its cool to support local bands playing their own songs......but just for 3 days a year.

Because the rest of the year it's not a citywide music festival at the weekend, blessed by superb weather?

Going out on a wet Tuesday night in February to see a single band, not such an attractive proposition.

Some people like live music more than others, and a big city music festival is a good opportunity for those of us who don't go and see three edgy, hip bands a week to stroke our beards and nod appreciatively, to enjoy a bit of live music and a festy atmosphere.

It's not computational fluid dynamics.

Pity you didn't read my post......These bands received a great response this week...no one needed to stroke their beards

Also its rarely just one band are on a line up........so not sure when you last went to a pub original band gig.........and if we only bother to support and go out to entertainment in superb weather in England nothing would survive....the Pubs do have roofs and heating......also Tramlines is a success even with poor weather..........Obviously Tramlines is never going to be repeated... BUT .if just 0.5% of the tramlines crowd bothered to make a return trip it would make a massive difference............perhaps the venues should do more to encourage customers to return

Could be many punters think they only play once a year.

it will never Happen as iT is Illegal to drink on the street In the city ceNter. howEver this lAw does seem to get relaxeD for tRamlines each Year.

No. It is not illegal to drink in the street.

It is illegal not to stop drinking when asked to do so by a uniformed officer.

Archived