Thursday Strike Action - megathread

They always are insisting that they have to go in to work during the school holidays, so that`s when they should strike

So they should strike when it'll have no effect of their employers? I'm sure that win concessions.

If the work they do during the holidays has no effect, why are they doing it?

It has an affect obviously. But I think they claim that they have to work, not "go into work" during the holidays.

That work is already unpaid and unrecognised, so 'striking' on a day when they are already technically on leave would just leave them without lesson plans when the new term started.

About time they was allowed to teach,thought that it why they went into the profession, NOT TO BE FILLING IN FORMS GET A ADMI DOING THAT , THEY LIKE DOING THAT. Eccslesfield secondary have been using temporary staff to scab 4 then, and no the strike hasn't affect me,but i support then with the tit of a education minister Groves !!!! and no I am no

t part of the union..

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 12:56 ----------

About time they was allowed to teach,thought that it why they went into the profession, NOT TO BE FILLING IN FORMS GET A ADMI DOING THAT , THEY LIKE DOING THAT. Eccslesfield secondary have been using temporary staff to scab 4 then, and no the strike hasn't affect me,but i support then with the tit of a education minister Groves !!!! and no I am not part of the union..

What effect are they having on LEAs today? Genuine question..

In answering this question I'm sure that we'll be opening a huge Pandora's box on the morals and the effectiveness of striking.

Personally I've worked through every strike that I encountered in my workplace.

Guest busdriver1

The only effect it has had on me is that I am looking forward to a rebate for the salaries that have not been paid today.

Should keep the council tax down.

In answering this question I'm sure that we'll be opening a huge Pandora's box on the morals and the effectiveness of striking.

Personally I've worked through every strike that I encountered in my workplace.

It was genuine question....it's not as though the LEA will lose cash from a loss of sales/production..

Archived