Thursday Strike Action - megathread

Good luck to all the public service workers on strike today

Why ? for trying to hold the Government to ransom ?

For disrupting people`s daily lives with school closures ?

Personally id sack ALL those striking today to send out a clear message to any public sector workers thinking of striking in the future, that this widescale disruption will not be tolerated .

These militant striking Lefties are a disgrace and deserve NOTHING but their P45`s .

Personally id sack ALL those striking today to send out a clear message to any public sector workers thinking of striking in the future, that this widescale disruption will not be tolerated .

These militant striking Lefties are a disgrace and deserve NOTHING but their P45`s .

I wonder how much your incompetence would have cost the country in unfair dismissal claims if you were in charge?

Why are ALL the strikers lefties, they are striking for their future, is striking illegal NO IT'S NOT, JFK has hit the nail on the head. Why do you just pick on school closures? they're not the only union striking today.

So it's wrong for people to ask for a pay rise, fair working conditions & a decent pension hmm, what colour is the sky in your world?

I agree with you, the country is skint, but there's so many other things that we could be saving money on. The quality of our children's education is so important.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 15:18 ----------

What would be the point of striking during their holidays? The whole point is to cause a disruption, it makes people pay attention.

They won't improve at all in the long run if teachers are not paid well and and supplied with the best tools and environment to do their job!

What are you more bothered about in the long run, our children's education or people having to take a day off work today??

No it dosnt, it makes people angry and loses them any support they may have had. Militant unions have far too much power in this country and need stamping on hard by the Government, just as Mrs Thatcher squashed Scargill.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 19:03 ----------

Why are ALL the strikers lefties, they are striking for their future, is striking illegal NO IT'S NOT, JFK has hit the nail on the head. Why do you just pick on school closures? they're not the only union striking today.

So it's wrong for people to ask for a pay rise, fair working conditions & a decent pension hmm, what colour is the sky in your world?

The root of the problem are the militant leftie unions. Far too much power .

So because the Union's are standing up for the people, and the people for their Union. It makes them scum Penistone?

There are people on this very forum who are being made redundant due to what this government are doing. Some of the public sector were privatised last year. I'm one of these people paid into my pension for nearly 9 years. At the point of redundancy later this year- i'd get just over 2k per year for what I've paid in.

You think it's right that the government sell off public services, offshore work and then kick people out of jobs? Part of the strike is stop this from happening to others.

My part were forbidden to strike today, because of who we now work for - even though we can still be members of the Union!

Rather than be blinkered, put yourself in someone's shoes who doesn't get paid well for being public sector. It isn't all roses as people think in there.

So because the Union's are standing up for the people, and the people for their Union. It makes them scum Penistone?

There are people on this very forum who are being made redundant due to what this government are doing. Some of the public sector were privatised last year. I'm one of these people paid into my pension for nearly 9 years. At the point of redundancy later this year- i'd get just over 2k per year for what I've paid in.

You think it's right that the government sell off public services, offshore work and then kick people out of jobs? Part of the strike is stop this from happening to others.

My part were forbidden to strike today, because of who we now work for - even though we can still be members of the Union!

Rather than be blinkered, put yourself in someone's shoes who doesn't get paid well for being public sector. It isn't all roses as people think in there.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

No it dosnt, it makes people angry and loses them any support they may have had. Militant unions have far too much power in this country and need stamping on hard by the Government, just as Mrs Thatcher squashed Scargill.

---------- Post added 10-07-2014 at 19:03 ----------

The root of the problem are the militant leftie unions. Far too much power .

I dare venture to suggest that the "problem" you are experiencing is one of total and abject failure on your part to see that we are not all like you and prepared to roll over and have our tummy tickled by the government whilst pensions and standards of living are attacked without consultation!

The government think they have the power by passing these restrictive laws but what you and they should wake up to is that they rule only by consent.

It may only be a few thousand protesters at the moment but if they carry on the way they are going the words of Steven Biko may well come and bite them in the nether regions...,"You can blow out a candle but you can't blow out a fire"!

The right to strike is the only weapon the working man has to fight with to protect his RIGHTS!

Yes of course you would & presumably you'd have them sent to the workhouse with the mentally ill as advocated by this Tory councillor

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-councillor-laments-closure-of-workhouses-in-meeting-about-mental-health-services-9596685.html

Compassionate Conservatism is alive and well :rolleyes:

I had to laugh at that Tory own goal on the news tonight, when that MP was on about penalising people who strike for better living conditions, with that monument to moderation and frugality, Eric Pickles, sat next to him ...

Come on then, Einstein. If today you sacked all the striking teachers for the widespread disruption caused, who'd teach the kids tomorrow due to all the widespread disruption this would cause?

Archived