Thursday Strike Action - megathread

which one would assume they are

That's not the best basis for a thesis though, non?

Let us now try and answer my questions.

Who says that menial fast-food work is for part-time workers/students?

Do these people also not deserve to pay their rent and buy food and clothes?

Guest sibon
Well said Savannahp. I have a feeling that those people who aren't striking are probably the people who are good at their job. From my time in the public sector I found the tollpuddle martyrs were generally the hard done by lazy whingers (IMHO of course).

999tigger and Sibon please stop with the unnecessary personal insults it's not nice and doesn't add anything worthwhile.

No personal insults from me. And please be courteous enough to spell my name correctly in future.

That's not the best basis for a thesis though, non?

Let us now try and answer my questions.

Who says that menial fast-food work is for part-time workers/students?

Do these people also not deserve to pay their rent and buy food and clothes?

Logic states that a job on the NMW is not intended to support an affluent lifestyle, its a place to start on the ladder (hence minimum) not to sit waiting for more "gives".

Personally , I think that the NMW should be higher, but if that did happen everyone further up the chain wants more to keep the differential, so its back to where we were.

Well said Savannahp. I have a feeling that those people who aren't striking are probably the people who are good at their job. From my time in the public sector I found the tollpuddle martyrs were generally the hard done by lazy whingers (IMHO of course).

999tigger and Sibon please stop with the unnecessary personal insults it's not nice and doesn't add anything worthwhile.

I will presume you have the requisite amount of intelligence to enable you to ascertain why I have highlighted those sections.

HYPOCRITE!

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 11:41 ----------

which one would assume they are, what with being students like ;)

Before operating keyboard please ensure that brain is engaged.

Ignorance is not a virtue...just saying...sorry to disappoint you!

I never thought that ignoroance was a virtue, though it often seems some posters on here seem to make a habit of thinking ignorance can be hidden by verbose postings.

Are you in some way suggesting that students are not eligible for student loans?

I never thought that ignoroance was a virtue, though it often seems some posters on here seem to make a habit of thinking ignorance can be hidden by verbose postings.

Are you in some way suggesting that students are not eligible for student loans?

I am not suggesting that...not in any way!

I am telling you categorically that some students are most definitely NOT eligible for student loans.

Is that plain enough!

Archived